- Bachelor in Paradise Spoilers Season 2 Week 4 – 10 People Leave – Who Will it Be? One Week till Finale
- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 8/26/15- Devan & Rylan
- Total Divas Recap 8/25/15- Season 4, Ep. 8- It’s a Beautiful Life?
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 8/24/15- Top 8 Perform + Elimination
- I Am Cait Recap 8/23/15- Take Pride
- Bachelor in Paradise 2015 Spoilers Season 2 Week 4 – Samantha Dumps Joe
- Gainesville Recap 8/20/15- Series Premiere- My Eyes Are Open; Don’t Talk About It, Be About It
- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 8/19/15- Hundra & Emily
- Dance Moms Recap 8/18/15- City of Angels
48 Hours ‘Bullying: Words Can Kill’ – An Inside Look
CBS is airing a special about bullying, “Bullying: Words Can Kill”, on Friday, September 16, 2011 at 8pm – a must see for any parent.
As a parent of two children and having been bullied as a child myself, I was thrilled when I was invited to see a preview of the show and discuss the topic. Bullying is a serious issue and one that needs to be addressed, discussed and handled.
As a new school year begins across the country, more than 160,000 children will stay home every day because they are afraid of being bullied.
During the roundtable one of the topics discussed was how bullying has gotten so out of hand and some of the causes:
- Technology – it’s easier to be a bully behind your computer where no one can ‘see’ you.
- The schools do not have an on-going program to address bullying
- Parents do not take bullying serious and feel it’s a part of growing up
For six months, producers and camera crews were given access to the classrooms, cafeteria and gym at a Rhode Island middle school that is addressing the issues of bullying. CBS was able to get an “inside” look that reveals what really goes on in the schools.
There will be a tweet-up online at 7:30 pm (EST) before the show starts. You can join in by following @48hours twitter account and using the #bullying #wordscankill hashtag.
Below you will find some links as it relates to the show and bullying:
Tips for Parents
A Mother’s Story
Meet the Kids