- The Bachelorette 2015 With Kaitlyn Spoilers 6/1/15 – Season 11 Ep.4 – Who Was Eliminated?
- General Hospital Recap for 5/26/15 – 5/29/15
- Bruce Jenner’s Female Side Lands “Vanity Fair” Cover!
- Kelly Rutherford Custody Bid Halted By Judge-Kids Staying in Monaco
- Demi Lovato Speaks About Dealing with Bi-Polar Disorder
- Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars Recap 5/29/15- Season 3- Shotgun Wedding
- Kim Richards Missing Since Daughter’s Wedding-What Happened to Rehab
- Is The Bachelorette Mocking the LGBT Community With Brokeback Bromance?
- Jersey Belle’s Jaime Primak Sullivan Talks ‘Doing it All,’ Marriage, Monogomy and More
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Spotted Out Together – Fighting Divorce Rumors?
48 Hours ‘Bullying: Words Can Kill’ – An Inside Look
CBS is airing a special about bullying, “Bullying: Words Can Kill”, on Friday, September 16, 2011 at 8pm – a must see for any parent.
As a parent of two children and having been bullied as a child myself, I was thrilled when I was invited to see a preview of the show and discuss the topic. Bullying is a serious issue and one that needs to be addressed, discussed and handled.
As a new school year begins across the country, more than 160,000 children will stay home every day because they are afraid of being bullied.
During the roundtable one of the topics discussed was how bullying has gotten so out of hand and some of the causes:
- Technology – it’s easier to be a bully behind your computer where no one can ‘see’ you.
- The schools do not have an on-going program to address bullying
- Parents do not take bullying serious and feel it’s a part of growing up
For six months, producers and camera crews were given access to the classrooms, cafeteria and gym at a Rhode Island middle school that is addressing the issues of bullying. CBS was able to get an “inside” look that reveals what really goes on in the schools.
There will be a tweet-up online at 7:30 pm (EST) before the show starts. You can join in by following @48hours twitter account and using the #bullying #wordscankill hashtag.
Below you will find some links as it relates to the show and bullying:
Tips for Parents
A Mother’s Story
Meet the Kids