Amy Winehouse 5 Times Over Legal Alcohol Limit at Time of Death

Posted by | 0 Comments »

 

The death of Amy Winehouse was caused by drinking too much alcohol, a coroner has reported.

Winehouse was five-times over the legal drinking and driving limit at the time she died.

The coroner gave a verdict of “death by misadventure,” saying the singer suffered accidental alcohol poisoning when she resumed drinking after weeks of abstinence.

The 27-year-old Winehouse had fought a very public battle with drug and alcohol abuse for years, and there had been much speculation that she died from a drug overdose.

The Coroner’s report stated that Amy had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. 350mg is considered a fatal amount.

Amy was said to have quit drugs at the time of her death but was still drinking on and off.





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>