Amy Winehouse 5 Times Over Legal Alcohol Limit at Time of Death
The death of Amy Winehouse was caused by drinking too much alcohol, a coroner has reported.
Winehouse was five-times over the legal drinking and driving limit at the time she died.
The coroner gave a verdict of “death by misadventure,” saying the singer suffered accidental alcohol poisoning when she resumed drinking after weeks of abstinence.
The 27-year-old Winehouse had fought a very public battle with drug and alcohol abuse for years, and there had been much speculation that she died from a drug overdose.
The Coroner’s report stated that Amy had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. 350mg is considered a fatal amount.
Amy was said to have quit drugs at the time of her death but was still drinking on and off.