- The Voice 2015 Recap 4/27/15 – The Final 8 Perform – Season 8
- Dancing With the Stars 2015 Recap 4/27/15 – Week 7 – Who Was Eliminated – Era Week
- Derek Hough Injured – Won’t Be Dancing on Dancing With the Stars
- Kate Middleton Baby News Update – To Be Induced – Did She Pass Her Due Date?
- Kim Kardashian Doesn’t Understand Bruce Jenner’s Transition to a Woman but Supports Him
- Video: Ellen DeGeneres and Matt Lauer End Prank War
- Photos: Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed Married in Secret Ceremony
- The Royals Recap: Your Sovereignty of Reason 4/26/15
- Mama June Comes Out As Bisexual; Criticizes Pregnant Daughter!
- 2015 Daytime Emmy Awards Nominee and Winners List
Adele Says She is Not a Skinny Mini She is All about the Music – Interview on 60 Minutes (Video)
Adele is all about the love songs she writes and sings and not about the way she looks, she tells Anderson Cooper in a 60 MINUTES interview to be broadcast Sunday, Feb. 12 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
She is an international star with a chart-topping album that’s sold nearly 18 million copies worldwide. Does she ever feel pressure “to look a certain way?” asks Cooper. “No, never,” replies Adele. “I’ve never seen magazine covers… music videos and been like, ‘I need to look like that to be a success,’” says the British singer, who is up for six Grammys Sunday night.
“I don’t want to be some skinny mini with my tits out. I really don’t want to do it and I don’t want people confusing what it is that I am about,” she tells Cooper. “I’m not shocking. I just stand there and sing. And I don’t do stunts or anything.
“I’m just writing love songs. I’m not trying to be pop. I’m not trying to be jazz. I’m not trying to be anything. I’m just writing love songs and everyone loves a love song.” Watch an excerpt.
In the profile,
Adele sings for Cooper in her first public performance since she underwent vocal cord surgery and discusses the operation that saved her voice. She also talks about her sudden success, her songs and takes Cooper to her new home in the English countryside.
For more from Adele about her body image and the role model she represents to her young fans, go to 60MinutesOvertime.com on Sunday (12) evening. This webcast contains originally produced content about the subjects and characters in 60 MINUTES stories and the reporters who work on them. For the story behind the story, go to 60MinutesOvertime.com.