- Miley Cyrus Wears Nipple Pasties – Says She Wanted to Have Sex With Joan Jett
- General Hospital Recap for April 13 to 17
- Erin Andrews Boyfriend Jarret Stoll Arrested for Drug Possession
- Royal Baby Watch: Who Are The Royal Godparents?
- Kim Richards Steps Out Hours After Arrest – RHOBH Offer Support
- Videos: Anna Kendrick and John Krasinski Lip Synch Battle – J. Lo Joins Too
- Dig Recap: Trust No One 4/16/15
- Harry Connick Jr. Battles With Contestant Quentin Alexander!
- RHOBH Star Kim Richards Arrested!
- Kendall Jenner Kept Out of Coachella Neon Carnival-Justin Bieber Makes Scene
The Young & the Restless Soap Opera Fest 2012 – Spoilers and Interviews
This weekend the “All About the Drama” Soap Opera Weekend took place at Bally’s in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
A weekend of Soap Stars included a Young & the Restless Q & A, a Meet and Greet Wine Tasting and a Drama Brunch. The Young & the Restless fans swarmed the seaside resort to meet and mix with their favorite soap stars where they asked every question imaginable to actors Greg Rikaart, AKA Kevin Fisher, Stephen Nichols, AKA Tucker McCall, Michelle Stafford, AKA Phyllis Newman and Michael Muhney, AKA Adam Newman.
Here are some of the things we learned over the weekend about the four actors from the soap opera.
Stephen Nichols, a soap veteran, is known for his role as Patch on Days of Our Lives and now as Tucker on The Young & the Restless. Some highlights from his meet and greet were:
- With his 30 years of experience he spoke about the changes in soap operas saying, Days of our lives in the 80’s had more time to film, higher budgets and scenes were 5-8 pages long as opposed to today where scenes are commonly one page long.
- He appeared on Days of Our lives from 1985 – 1990 and later returned in 2006 but left not long after saying the writing at the Young and the Restless was much better.
- A questioned that was asked of him was what he considered a treat in his life. Steve reflected on a delayed honeymoon in Paris with wife after being married for five years. The couple has been together for 26 years.
- When asked what character he would like to trade places with on Y& R he said if he could trade places with anyone it would be Daniel – grow his hair long and wearing funky outfits.
- As to which character he preferred best throughout his extensive soap opera career he stated he preferred Patch and Tucker.
- When asked if this genre was right for her, the actress said, a lot of prime time shows are really soap operas and that she just likes to act.
- Michelle was asked is she was similar to her character Phyllis? She told the fans there are similarities since she has been playing the character for 14 yrs. She likes to think she brings humor to the character. Phyllis is tightly wound and she isn’t and she wouldn’t have an affair with a married man.
- When asked if she finds it difficult to do the emotional scenes she stated, they are hard and now that she has a child she finds it even more difficult to do the scenes involving the loss of a child.
- When asked about her two-year old daughter, Natalia, she was brought to tears about her real life role as a mother and said, “You think you’re going to teach them life and they teach you.
- Michael revealed is not his first soap opera but will be his last. He never anticipated working on a soap.
- He spoke about the challenges of playing a visually impaired person
- Michael is a member of Mensa. He also speaks three languages, including German, American Sign Language (ASL), and English.
- When asked how similar to the character Adam he plays he responded by saying, “I am exactly like him and nothing like him.” He gave credit to his mother and father for raising him well otherwise he may have turned out like the character Adam.
- If he didn’t become an actor he would have been an architect
- Grew up in Staten Island, New York
- Went to Villanova University
- Devon is going to be fine. Danny Romalotti is coming back.