Kevin Bacon Married his Distant Cousin

Kevin Bacon and his wife, Kyra Sedgwick are distantly related cousins.

The PBS show “Finding your Roots with Henry Louis Gates Jnr” revealed that the star of “Footloose” is distantly related to his wife, Kyra, the star of The Closer.

The show traces the genealogy of various celebrities and public figures and found this connection between the couple. The show uses DNA searches to find genetic links and uncover stories. It has also looked into the family history of Condoleeza Rice, Martha Stewart and Robert Downey Jnr.

Bacon and Sedgwick have been married for 23 years and have two children: a son, Travis and a daughter, Sosie.

Gates said of the show: “I want . . . Americans (to) realize how united we are as a people. … There’s so much animosity . . . and one of the things that I want the series to do is to show that, deep down, we are all Americans.”

“We’ve been sleeping together from the very beginning of the country.”

11 Responses to Kevin Bacon Married his Distant Cousin

1. Dean says:

That’s Kind of Creepy Being Married Too Your Distant Cousin That’s Weird.

2. Hope says:

I married my first cousin and I never been happier, no one is going to love me more than he, we have 1 child in University and have a happy life!!

3. Ron Helton says:

All right, here comes.

The five degrees of separation that you might be Kevin Bacon’s cousin.

4. Me says:

So what? We are all distant cousins. Most people just don’t go far enough back in their genealogies to notice. Even marrying a first cousin, while creepy to most of us now, used to be incredibly common and holds very little chance of birth defects.

5. Kim says:

So? Prince William is distantly related to Kate Middleton and who gives a rats ass! Deep down, Were all related somehow! That’s why were the human RACE..

6. Chad says:

Who cares. They’re married and happy…that’s all that matters.

7. mobilebay says:

In doing genealogy on our family, my son found out that my husband and I are 10th cousins. In several weeks, we will celebrate our 60th anniversary, so it’s a little late to start worrying now. Hope Kevin and Kyra’s marriage lasts as long.

8. Jason says:

They must be very distant. Kevin has a pig snout and Kyra has a beak. No similarities between them.

9. Soldier says:

If their happy, who cares?

10. Linda Patty says:

Well, my goodness, Kevin Bacon is my distant cousin, too. I would have married him. He’s like 3rd or 4th cousin to my mother.

11. Andy S says:

Is he related to her within 6 people biologically?