- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 6/29/15- Season 12, Ep. 5- Vegas Callbacks #1
- True Detective Recap 6/28/15 Season 2 Episode 2: Night Finds You
- Return to Amish Recap 6/28/15- Season 2, Ep. 5- Other Side of the Fence
- Big Brother 2015 – 17 Spoilers Week 1 – Veto Winner and Drama in the House
- Big Brother 2015 Season 17 – Spoilers Week 1 – HOH, Nominees, Battle of the Block
- General Hospital Recap for 6/22/15 – 6/26/15
- Under the Dome Recap 6/25/15- Season 3 Premiere- Move On; But I’m Not
- Big Brother 17 Season Premiere Recap 6/24/15 – Part 1 Meet the 1st 8 Houseguests
- Dance Moms Recap 6/23/15- West Coast Strikes Back
So You Think You Can Dance Recap 8/15/12 Season 9 “Top 14 Perform; Third Elimination”
So You Think You Can Dance is back from its hiatus, and tonight’s episode featured performances from season 9’s Top 14 and the next elimination of dancers.
The show didn’t open with a group number as usual. Instead, host Cat Deeley revealed that each couple would be dancing a past routine choreographed by Mia Michaels in the show’s first themed tribute show. She also revealed that another FOUR dancers will be leaving the show tonight, which would leave only a Top 10, which features the dancers who get to go on the dance tour at the conclusion of the season.
Tonight, resident judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy were joined by guest judges Ukranian dance duo Michael Nunn and Billy Trevitt, who are known as The Ballet Boys. After introductions, Cat took the opportunity to announce that a SYTYCD app has been developed, and Napoleon and Tabitha gave birth to their baby boy London during the show’s hiatus.
Before the first commercial break, the group did, in fact, take on a brand new Mia routine set to “Hanging On” by Active Child. The stunning contemporary routine featured the suspension of many of the dancers from hanging ropes, and the routine even got a little sensual with a couple of lingering kisses between the dancers.
The first couple up tonight was Eliana and Cyrus, who took on Mia’s door routine to “Mercy” by Duffy, which was originally performed by Katie and Twitch in Season 4. Nigel commended Cyrus for bringing something new to an already great routine but warned him to keep his shoulders down. He thought Eliana was very strong and thought the routine worked well to open the show. Mary agreed on all accounts and called Cyrus “an entertainer.” Michael and Billy really enjoyed it and said they were very excited to be on the show if this routine was any indication of what was to come.
Check out Page 2 for more recaps on the night’s performances.