- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 7/6/15- Who Are the Top 20?
- True Detective Recap 7/5/15 Season 2 Episode 3 Maybe Tomorrow
- The Bachelorette Kaitlyn Spoilers – The Final One Confirmed – The Winner
- Big Brother 2015 Season 17 Spoilers Week 2 – HoH, Nominees, PoV Winner
- Big Brother 2015 Season 17 Recap 7/2/15 – Week 1 – Who Went Home and New HoH
- Scream: The TV Series Recap 6/30/15- Pilot
- Dance Moms Recap 6/30/15- Abby vs. Kira
- Pretty Little Liars Recap 6/30/15- Season 6, Ep. 5- She’s No Angel
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 6/29/15- Season 12, Ep. 5- Vegas Callbacks #1
The X Factor Recap 9/26/12 Season 2 Episode 5
Simon Cowell, LA Reid, Demi Lovato, and Britney Spears are back tonight to continue their search for America’s next singing sensation.
Start reading our live recap below…
The audition tour picked back up in Providence, Rhode Island, where Adonis & John, a 33- and 32-year-old duo, were the first hopeful contestants to take the stage. They had the audience and judges amused by their personalities, but their performance of “Hello” by Lionel Richie was monotone and weird. They got a resounding “no” from the judges.
After a montage of some terrible auditions, the judges were looking for someone to bring some talent to the table, and Dinah Jane Hansen, 15, did just that with her rendition of “If I Were a Boy” by Beyonce. She had Demi exclaiming “Yes! Oh my God,” during the song, and LA said she “took that song to places Beyonce didn’t even take it.” Britney said Dinah made her day and “really delivered,” and Simon said the reason they came to Providence was to find someone like her. With LA predicting that she would end up a finalist, it was no surprise that she received a unanimous “yes.”
Sixteen-year-old Arin Ray was hoping he’d have better luck this year after being put into the group InTENsity last year and getting voted off in the first week of the finals. He performed an original song, and the judges and audience were really into it. LA said he liked him even more this year, Britney called him “a true star,” Demi commended him on his confidence and stage presence, and Simon thought it was “a great audition.” A “yes” from everyone got him sent on to the next round.
It seemed to be time for the teenagers to shine. Natalie Martin, 16, impressed with “Stay” by Sugarland, Nick Perrelli, also 16, delivered a suave “Come Fly with Me” by Frank Sinatra, and Beatrice Miller, 13, sang a soulful, a cappella rendition of “Cowboy Take Me Away” by The Dixie Chicks. All three got enthusiastic responses from the judges and got sent through to the next round.
Check out Page 2 for more recaps on the episode’s auditions!