- General Hospital Recap for April 13 to 17
- Erin Andrews Boyfriend Jarret Stoll Arrested for Drug Possession
- Royal Baby Watch: Who Are The Royal Godparents?
- Kim Richards Steps Out Hours After Arrest – RHOBH Offer Support
- Videos: Anna Kendrick and John Krasinski Lip Synch Battle – J. Lo Joins Too
- Dig Recap: Trust No One 4/16/15
- Harry Connick Jr. Battles With Contestant Quentin Alexander!
- RHOBH Star Kim Richards Arrested!
- Kendall Jenner Kept Out of Coachella Neon Carnival-Justin Bieber Makes Scene
- Miley Cyrus Shows Nipples on Instagram With the Willis Girls!
No Doubt Pulls “Looking Hot” Video Due to Offense Towards Native Americans
On Friday No Doubt released a music video for their song “Looking Hot,” but quickly removed it after it received criticism for it’s appropriation of Native American culture.
On Saturday, the band issued a formal apology on their official website, saying:
“As a multi-racial band our foundation is built upon both diversity and consideration for other cultures. Our intention with our new video was never to offend, hurt or trivialize Native American people, their culture or their history. Although we consulted with Native American friends and Native American studies experts at the University of California, we realize now that we have offended people. This is of great concern to us and we are removing the video immediately. The music that inspired us when we started the band, and the community of friends, family, and fans that surrounds us was built upon respect, unity and inclusiveness. We sincerely apologize to the Native American community and anyone else offended by this video. Being hurtful to anyone is simply not who we are.”
The video featured Gwen Stefani in a Native American Halloween costume, while bassist Tony Kanal is a tribesman who helps Stefani escape from cowboy captors, played by Adrian Young and Tom Dumont. According to E!, the video had a teepee and lots of feathers in it and the whole thing had a “Wild, Wild West” feel.
There is no word on whether the band will create a new music video for “Looking Hot,” their latest single off of Push and Shove.
Written by Michelle Wincott