Where is Matt Lauer – Has He Been Fired?

Where in the world is Matt Lauer?  Has anyone else noticed the co-anchor of The Today Show has been noticeably missing quite a lot lately?

Will Matt Lauer will be fired from the TODAY show?  The man said to be responsible for Ann Curry being fired from the morning show, has until February to prove he is worth the $25 million a year he earns.  If The Today show’s ratings don’t improve by February, Matt Lauer will be out of a job.

The co-host, faces the axe if the morning news program continues to lose viewers to its rival Good Morning America – and a replacement for Lauer is already being named, according to Radaronline.

The TODAY show has always been a money-maker for NBC, dominating the morning news ratings for years and bringing in millions of dollars in ad revenue.  If viewers continue to prefer Good Morning America over the TODAY Show,  revenue will decrease and cuts will have to be made.

The best way to reduce expenses would be to cut Matt Lauer’s huge salary?

As for the replacement?  Willie Geist.   He has been very popular with viewers and the crew and we have been seeing a lot of him lately.  Anyone else notice, Matt hasn’t been around a lot lately?

Good Morning America has not only been beating The Today Show in the ratings war, but they had their biggest margin in more than 10 years this week.

8 Responses to Where is Matt Lauer – Has He Been Fired?

1. Rose says:

It is not just Lauer it is the whole Today show in general I am bored with it and I do turn it off then you have Kelly and Michael and Hoda and Cathylee you just need to make a lot of changes and formats. There is nothing in these shows that interest me anymore. Please take these shows in a new direction.

2. carol says:

bring back ann curry take mat off or a lot of people will stop watching the show me as one

3. Mimi Reilly says:

I too agree that Ann Curry was awkward as co-anchor. Don’t they know however that the ratings will not come back if Matt Lauer doesn’t return? He is the rock of the show. All of the other changes have been accomplished because he remained the rock.
    I will stop watching if he does not return. Watching the show one day this week it was more like a frat party than a serious morning news show.

4. michelle johnson says:

I have banned NBC…after shafting Ann Curry..then Matt, I am fed up. What is NBC thinking? The “yesterday ” show has lost generations of fans in this family.

5. Donna Ilnicki says:

I miss Matt Lauer on Today Show. It just isn’t the same without him . I don’t knw if I will be watching for long if doesn’t return. I was always very impressed with the interviews he always seemed get,usually with big important people in the news . He will be missed if he does not return.

6. ruth pullen says:

I too agree that Ann Currey was not her best as a co-host but if they were to take Matt Lauer off this show I would not watch it as he is the rock of the today show.. I believe he takes time off to be with his family.

7. leona lake says:

Ann Curry is a sweet, smart, beautiful person, but was not a good co-anchor and she should have been replaced. She will do fantastic in her new job. Matt didn’t have her fired. He is the stabilizing force of the Today show and I hope he doesn’t get replaced. That would be a huge loss for the show.

8. Dorothy Jensen says:

Matt Lauer has progressively become annoyingly a know it all. He reeks of cockiness and it’s so irritating I have turned to other channels for news. His last stunt regarding Ann Curry also did it for me. I will not watch Today show as long as Matt is working there.