- Big Brother 2015 Season 17 Recap 7/2/15 – Week 1 – Who Went Home and New HoH
- Scream: The TV Series Recap 6/30/15- Pilot
- Dance Moms Recap 6/30/15- Abby vs. Kira
- Pretty Little Liars Recap 6/30/15- Season 6, Ep. 5- She’s No Angel
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 6/29/15- Season 12, Ep. 5- Vegas Callbacks #1
- True Detective Recap 6/28/15 Season 2 Episode 2: Night Finds You
- Return to Amish Recap 6/28/15- Season 2, Ep. 5- Other Side of the Fence
- Big Brother 2015 – 17 Spoilers Week 1 – Veto Winner and Drama in the House
- Big Brother 2015 Season 17 – Spoilers Week 1 – HOH, Nominees, Battle of the Block
WEEKEND TOP TEN BOX OFFICE Twilight and Skyfall Lead the Pack
TWILIGHT AND SKYFALL HOLD, WHILE RED DAWN FAILS TO RISE
1. Twilight: Breaking Dawn 2 Wknd/$ 141.3 Total/$ 141.3
2. Skyfall/Sony Wknd/$ 41.5 Total/$ 161.3
3. Lincoln/Touchstone Wknd/$ 21.0 Total/$ 22.4
4. Rise of the Guardians/PDW Wknd/$ 24.0 Total/$ 32.6
5. Life of Pi/Fox Wknd/$ 22.0 Total/$ 22.0
6. Wreck-It-Ralph/Disney Wknd/$ 16.8 Total/$ 149.5
7. Red Dawn/FD Wknd/$ 14.6 Total/$ 14.9
8. Flight/Paramount Wknd/$ 8.6 Total/$ 74.9
9. Silver Linings Playbook/W Wknd/$ 4.6 Total/$ 6.4
10. Argo/Warners Wknd/$ 3.9 Total/$ 98.1
SPINSTER? I NEVER SAID THAT.
Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 holds at number one, which is actually surprising over a long holiday weekend, but I suppose whatever keeps the teenagers (and your older, lonely female friends) off the street.
ANOTHER ROLE WHERE HE NEVER SMILES
Skyfall holds at number two and also in this is Ralph Fiennes and the other thing about the new Bond is that it attracts “real” actors in a way the others rarely did. Yeah, you might get a Christopher Walken, but basically playing a cartoon character. Otherwise the best you had was Judi Dench who was mostly likely there for shits and giggles. But now you’ve had Jeffery Wright as the new Felix, Mads Mikkelsen and now Javier Bardem as villains and now Ralph Fiennes as the man who’ll take M’s job if she doesn’t clean up the mess the film opens with. What’s great about this is that now older, balding and with a little paunch, Fiennes looks like an actual government official. The irony being, back when he was thinner and more hirsute, his name came up to play bond.
FROM THE SHATNER SCHOOL OF ACTING…HAIR REPLACEMENT AND FITNESS
Lincoln holds at number three and the breakout star of this is none other than James Spader who clearly relishes his new look and role as character actor. Again, balding and not just paunchy but borderline fat, Spader shines as one of a trio of—yes—lobbyists hired by Lincoln to dole out positions in his second term as basically bribes to help ratify the amendment to end slavery. What’s sad about this is that it also ends his run of playing the best perverts ever. That calm WASP demeanor worked very well with guys who liked to have sex after wrecking cars or spanking his secretary. Then again, now that he looks like a high school principal it might make it even kinkier, though not as attractive to watch.
YOU AND JIMMY STEWART CAN KISS MY ASS!