- TLC to Cancel ’19 Kids and Counting’ Following Josh Duggar Molestation News?
- Kelly Rutherford’s International Custody Battle Gets Uglier Over Passports
- Mama June Blasts TLC For Supporting Duggar Family After Sexual Abuse Revelations
- Elle Magazine Uses Photo of Breast Feeding Model Nicole Trunfio for Cover
- Josh Duggar Makes Selfish Statement – Apologizes for Molesting Sisters and Others
- Netflix June 2015 Line-Up!
- Josh Duggar Allegedly Admitted to Molesting Minors – 5 Kids and Counting
- Kim Kardashian, Cold Play, One Direction and More Celebrate Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Quit One Direction Over Yoko Problem
- Deal and Steals 5/21/15 – Wedding Items – Shoes, Invites as Seen on GMA
Anna Wintour to Be Ambassador to UK or France?
Fashion icon, Anna Wintour, the longtime editor-in-chief of Vogue, is in the running to be President Barack Obama’s next ambassador to either the United Kingdom or France, according to Bloomberg.
Does money talk? Wintour was one of Obama’s highest profile fundraisers this election season, helping design a fashion line that earned his campaign $40 million. She also hosted a $40,000-a-plate fundraiser with actress Sarah Jessica Parker in June, and a $35,000-a-plate fête with Hollywood mega-producer Harvey Weinstein in August.
What does an Ambassador do?
U.S. ambassadors represent the President of the United States in an official capacity in foreign nations and communities. They are charged with protecting and promoting national interests, maintaining diplomacy, organizing visits, welcoming visitors, and supporting resolutions.
Is this something a fashion maven can handle?
It’s definitely a glamorous job – especially is she becomes the Ambassador to the UK. Who wouldn’t want to welcome Prince William, his beautiful wife, Duchess Kate Middleton and their new baby (to baby) to the United States?
Anna Wintour’s people have commented that Ms. Wintour is very happy with her current job.