- Mariah Carey Calls American Idol Fake and Boring – No Plans on Returning for Final Season
- It’s OVER For “The Bachelor” Stars Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff – The Couple Breaks Up
- Giuliana Rancic Shuts Down the Haters With Cheeky Instagram Shot
- Lamar Odom Still Loves Khloe Kardashian – Will They Cancel the Divorce?
- “Biggest Loser” Winner Ali Vincent Weds Girlfriend!
- Hilary Duff Releases Video for Sparks – Released 5/28/15
- Jennifer Aniston’s Diet Secrets Revealed – Clean Eating
- Deals and Steals – Eddie Bauer, Self Tanner and More 5/28/15 – As Seen on GMA
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Snapchat Video Sparks Rumors They Are Reuniting
- Is Bobby Flay the Father of January Jones’ Son?
Kanye West is the Only Artist Not Featured on the ’12-12-12′ Concert Album
There was a long list of performers at Madison Square Garden last Wednesday night for the 12-12-12 Concert for Hurricane Sandy Relief and they will all be featured on the album of performances from the show — except for Kanye West!
So why isn’t Kanye on the album? Kanye WAS the only male to be wearing a skirt that evening, but I doubt that’s the reason. Even special guests, Michael Stipe, Eddie Vedder, and comedian Adam Sandler, are on the album, but Kanye — a featured artist of the show — is not!
No one has yet to comment on this — none of Kanye’s people, not the organizers of the show, and not Columbia Records, who is releasing the album.
Sources told Billboard that it was the choice of Kanye West not to be included on the album, but didn’t give a reason as to why. Two other sources speculated that West wasn’t happy with his performance, and due to his huge perfectionism, decided he didn’t want to be on the album.
Billboard also speculated that since Kanye’s performance was a 13-song medley with multiple samples, there could have been legal challenges that couldn’t be resolved in time to make the digital release. This theory isn’t likely, though.
The 12-12-12 Concert for Hurricane Sandy Relief album was released digitally on Tuesday, while the 2-disc physical version is due out next month.
Written by Michelle Wincott