- Kylie Jenner Changes Look After Tyga and Khloe Get Close!
- Video: The Voice Mark Hood Vs. Celest Betton Battle Round – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- Calvin Harris Speaks Out About Taylor Swift Break Up Rumors – Are They True?
- The Voice 2015 Battle Rounds Recap 10/12/15 – Season 9 Premiere of Battle Rounds
- Blindspot Recap 10/12/15 Season 1 Episode 4 “Bone May Rot”
- Minority Report 10/12/15 Recap Season 1 Episode 4 “Fredi”
- Alek Skarlatos Injured During Dancing With the Stars – Broken Nose?
- Dancing With the Stars Recap 10/12/15 – ‘The Switch Up’ – Who Was Eliminated?
- Videos: Amy Schumer Hosts Saturday Night Live with Nicki Minaj and The Weeknd
Anne Hathaway Treated Fiance Awful During Filming Of Les Misérables
Hathaway, who found herself doing everything she could to rightfully portray the desperate prostitute, Fantine, including losing 25 pounds and cutting off her hair, has said that it ultimately took a toll on her and her relationship with Shulman:
“I was a witch. I mean, I was dealing with a lot of darkness and I was starving. So I just wasn’t that much fun to be around.” Hathaway continues, “I realized I was being really unfair to him and that even though I was in a negative place, I couldn’t let it affect our relationship. And also, I needed to go further into that negative place to play my character, and I love him so much that I was like, ‘You’re making me happy. You’re keeping me up and I’m clawing to the sides of my life and I need to fall into a pit and you need to go, honey.'”
Keep in mind that this is the same woman who starred in the Princess Diaries, a movie that I may or may not have considered buying, but then decided that it wasn’t manly enough, so I made sure to DVR it every time the Disney Channel decided to air it, so it’s definitely strange hearing how far Hathaway went into her role, as well as how it affected her relationship.
Hathaway goes on to say that during filming she picked a fight with Shulman because “he wouldn’t watch a sunset” with her. If I was starving myself for a role, I would pick up a fight with my own mother for making me visit her in the hospital.
What do you guys think of how much this role affected Hathaway? Would you ever starve or shed weight for an acting role?