- Lindsay Lohan Faces Arrest Over Community Service
- Criminal Minds Season Finale Recap 5/6/15 – “The Hunt”
- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 5/6/15- Steven & Samm
- Nashville Recap 5/6/15 – ‘Is the Better Part Over’ – Season 3 Ep.21
- Kylie Jenner Admits Lips are Fake – She Lied
- American Idol 2015 Recap 5/6/15- Season 14- Who Are the Top 3?
- New Couple Alert: Who Is Bradley Cooper Dating?!
- Younger Recap 5/05/15 Season 1 Episode 7 – Broke and Pantyless
- Jill’s Steals and Deals – 5/6/15 – Pillows, Candles, Lotions as Seen on The Today Show
- Royal Baby Watch: Princess Charlotte’s First Days At Home
Daniel Day-Lewis On Picking His Roles: Money Just Doesn’t Do It For Me.”
“I’ve been offered a lot of things over the years. But the sad truth is that I can’t really be tempted by money. Money just doesn’t do it for me. I’m sure I could be tempted by other things and corrupted in other ways but not by cold hard cash. In fact nothing does it for me that’s going to steer me away from what I feel the need to do in my work.”
Lewis, who recently won a Golden Globe for his portrayal of President Lincoln in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, is also nominated for Best Actor at the Oscars. Lewis goes on to say:
“It’s always been a very strong impulse and long ago I made a bargain with myself that I’d always follow my heart and that impulse.”
It is definitely nice seeing a respected actor, who is already rich, saying that money isn’t a factor when choosing his roles. It is sometimes very obvious when an actor chooses a role for the paycheck (I’m looking at you Vin Diesel) so it is a refreshing sight to see actors actually trying to choose roles that will challenge them.