- The Voice India Carney Sings ‘Over the Rainbow’
- Video: Noah Galloway Dances Jazz on Dancing With the Stars 4/27/15
- The Voice Sawyer Fredericks Sings ‘Simple Man’
- The Voice Koryn Hawthorne Sings ‘Girl on Fire’
- Kate Middleton Baby Birth to be Announced Via Twitter
- The Voice 2015 Recap 4/27/15 – The Final 8 Perform – Season 8
- Dancing With the Stars 2015 Recap 4/27/15 – Week 7 – Who Was Eliminated – Era Week
- Derek Hough Injured – Won’t Be Dancing on Dancing With the Stars
- Kate Middleton Baby News Update – To Be Induced – Did She Pass Her Due Date?
- Kim Kardashian Doesn’t Understand Bruce Jenner’s Transition to a Woman but Supports Him
‘Dear Abby’ Advise Columnist Dead at 94
The iconic advise columnist, Pauline Friedman Phillips, who under the name of Abigail Van Buren, wrote the long-running “Dear Abby” advice column that was followed by millions of newspaper readers throughout the world, died on Wednesday at the age of 94.
Phillinp, died in Minneapolis, Minnesota, after a long battle with Alzheimer’s Disease, her family said Thursday.
Phillips was the twin sister of Esther Friedman Lederer, who wrote the competing Ann Landers advice column; Lederer died in 2002.
The first “Dear Abby” column appeared in 1956, and Phillips continued writing the advice feature until 2000, when she and daughter Jeanne began sharing the byline.
Jeanne Phillips took the column over full time in August 2002, when her family announced that Pauline Phillips had Alzheimer’s.
“I have lost my mother, my mentor and my best friend,” Jeanne Phillips said in a statement. “My mother leaves very big high heels to fill with a legacy of compassion, commitment and positive social change. I will honor her memory every day by continuing this legacy.”