- Scream Queens Recap 10/6/15 Season 1 Ep. 4 – Haunted House
- YouTube Star Caleb Logan Bratayley – Cause of Death Revealed
- The Voice Dustin Christensen Sings Downtown Train – 4 Chair Turn Around
- Dancing With the Stars Recap 10/5/15 – Season 21 Ep. 5 Who Was Eliminated? – The Most Memorable Year
- The Voice Season 9 Blind Auditions Night 5 Recap 10/5/15 – Spoilers
- Blindspot Recap 10/5/15 Season 1 Episode 3 “Eight Slim Grins”
- Minority Report Recap 10/5/15 Season 1 Episode 3 “Hawk-Eye”
- Good Wife Archie Panjabi Confirms Feud with Julianna Margulies – No Denying It Anymore
- Kardashian and Jenner Family Labeled as First Family – America Says NEVER!
Jodie Foster: “I’m Not Retiring.”
After giving her acceptance speech for her Lifetime Achievement award at the Golden Globes last night, a speech that some are calling bizarre while others are calling moving, some believed that Foster’s speech was a farewell to her acting career, but Foster says that just isn’t the case.
“I could never stop acting. You’d have to drag me behind, like, a team of horses. No, I’m not retiring from acting. And, you know, I’d like to be directing tomorrow . . . I’m actually more into it than I have ever been.”
Foster, who has been acting since she was a toddler, explained that the point of her speech was “that people change. Change is important. And, you know, hopefully I’ll be doing different things than I did when I was three years old and six years old and ten years old and 20 years old . . . My work is evolving.”
In regards to the personal aspects of the speech, Foster goes on to say that the “speech speaks for itself.”
“It’s a big, long career, and it’s not just a career; it’s friendships and relationships . . . I feel like I am graduating from something . . . And it’s a big moment, and I wanted to say, you know, what’s most in my heart.”
Many famous faces were caught crying during Foster’s speech, and I do believe that her speech was more moving and heartfelt than bizarre. Although, the only thing that really broke the “Bizarre” scale was probably the blank stare that Mel Gibson held all night.
Would you be eager to see Foster acting in a film again?
Photo Credit: Michael Kovac