- Blake Lively Gives Parenting Advice to Her Daughter – Don’t Accept ‘No’ As an Answer
- Full House Spinoff Confirmed – ‘Fuller House’ Will Premiere on Netflix
- Revenge Spoiler – Is Victoria Grayson Really Dead?
- The Voice Kimberly Nichole Sings ‘Somethings Got a Hold On Me’ by Etta James
- The Voice Sawyer Fredericks Sings Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls
- The Voice Recap 4/20/15- Season 8- Live Top 10 Performances
- Dancing With the Stars Recap 4/20/15 – ‘Spring Break’ – Who Was Eliminated?
- Ben Affleck’s Ancestors Were Slave Owners – And He Doesn’t Want Anyone to Know
- Ariana Grande and Big Sean Break Up – Was It Because of His Instagram Post?
- Taylor Swift Acceptance Speech for Milestone Award at Country Music Awards
Jodie Foster: “I’m Not Retiring.”
After giving her acceptance speech for her Lifetime Achievement award at the Golden Globes last night, a speech that some are calling bizarre while others are calling moving, some believed that Foster’s speech was a farewell to her acting career, but Foster says that just isn’t the case.
“I could never stop acting. You’d have to drag me behind, like, a team of horses. No, I’m not retiring from acting. And, you know, I’d like to be directing tomorrow . . . I’m actually more into it than I have ever been.”
Foster, who has been acting since she was a toddler, explained that the point of her speech was “that people change. Change is important. And, you know, hopefully I’ll be doing different things than I did when I was three years old and six years old and ten years old and 20 years old . . . My work is evolving.”
In regards to the personal aspects of the speech, Foster goes on to say that the “speech speaks for itself.”
“It’s a big, long career, and it’s not just a career; it’s friendships and relationships . . . I feel like I am graduating from something . . . And it’s a big moment, and I wanted to say, you know, what’s most in my heart.”
Many famous faces were caught crying during Foster’s speech, and I do believe that her speech was more moving and heartfelt than bizarre. Although, the only thing that really broke the “Bizarre” scale was probably the blank stare that Mel Gibson held all night.
Would you be eager to see Foster acting in a film again?
Photo Credit: Michael Kovac