- Scream: The TV Series Recap 6/30/15- Pilot
- Dance Moms Recap 6/30/15- Abby vs. Kira
- Pretty Little Liars Recap 6/30/15- Season 6, Ep. 5- She’s No Angel
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 6/29/15- Season 12, Ep. 5- Vegas Callbacks #1
- True Detective Recap 6/28/15 Season 2 Episode 2: Night Finds You
- Return to Amish Recap 6/28/15- Season 2, Ep. 5- Other Side of the Fence
- Big Brother 2015 – 17 Spoilers Week 1 – Veto Winner and Drama in the House
- Big Brother 2015 Season 17 – Spoilers Week 1 – HOH, Nominees, Battle of the Block
- General Hospital Recap for 6/22/15 – 6/26/15
Jodie Foster: “I’m Not Retiring.”
After giving her acceptance speech for her Lifetime Achievement award at the Golden Globes last night, a speech that some are calling bizarre while others are calling moving, some believed that Foster’s speech was a farewell to her acting career, but Foster says that just isn’t the case.
“I could never stop acting. You’d have to drag me behind, like, a team of horses. No, I’m not retiring from acting. And, you know, I’d like to be directing tomorrow . . . I’m actually more into it than I have ever been.”
Foster, who has been acting since she was a toddler, explained that the point of her speech was “that people change. Change is important. And, you know, hopefully I’ll be doing different things than I did when I was three years old and six years old and ten years old and 20 years old . . . My work is evolving.”
In regards to the personal aspects of the speech, Foster goes on to say that the “speech speaks for itself.”
“It’s a big, long career, and it’s not just a career; it’s friendships and relationships . . . I feel like I am graduating from something . . . And it’s a big moment, and I wanted to say, you know, what’s most in my heart.”
Many famous faces were caught crying during Foster’s speech, and I do believe that her speech was more moving and heartfelt than bizarre. Although, the only thing that really broke the “Bizarre” scale was probably the blank stare that Mel Gibson held all night.
Would you be eager to see Foster acting in a film again?
Photo Credit: Michael Kovac