Steve Burton Returning to Soap Opera and it’s not General Hospital

Steve Burton is returning to daytime television – but not on the show he worked on for 21 years, General Hospital. He betrayed the fans on General Hospital and has moved to CBS’ daytime soap opera, The Young and the Restless.

"Steve Burton on Young and Restless"

Steve Burton returns to daytime television

Call me disappointed. I am sure I am not the only General Hospital fan, who had hoped they would see Steve Burton aka Jason Morgan, return to the soap opera.

Steve appeared on The Talk, where he broke the news that he will be playing Dylan on The Young and Restless. Burton moved his family to Nashville so he would be able to spend more time with them.

What made him return to daytime television? Steve is working with the executive producer of Y&R on other projects outside of daytime. CBS was very accommodating and made it possible for him to be able to travel back and forth from Nashville and Los Angeles.

Burton plays, Dylan is a war veteran, who comes to take over his family’s construction business. Of course, he has secrets and is looking for “that special someone” while in town.

What do you think of Steve Burton returning to daytime television and not as Jason Morgan?? I feel betrayed.

Check out the big reveal on page 2.

8 Responses to Steve Burton Returning to Soap Opera and it’s not General Hospital

1. Cathleen says:

Its the biggest bunch of BS I’ve seen! Go from GH with some lame excuse about leaving soaps to go to the worse one on. Show some respect Steve to GH and the fans and go back to the hand that has fed you all these years!

2. Mel says:

I would not say that I feel ‘betrayed’ but I am VERY disapointed. I don’t like Sam with John and was hoping that Steve would return as Jason. Oh well… I really do like Steve and have seen most of the things he is in – but I won’t follow him over to Y&R – not my cup of tea!

3. valerie ward says:

I think he betryed his friends and coleges more than the fans. I will watch to see how he does and I wish him luck. Y&R needs a boost.

4. Prayer says:

I have been a fan of Steve Burton’s since “Out of this world”. I love him as Jason. He is the main reason I watched it. I hate that he is deciding to go to boring Y&R. I will not root for Sam and John. They were together once before on Port Charles. Jason please come back. There has got to be a story line to get u back.

5. SusieGee says:

With everything that GH and channel 7 soap opera fans have gone through this past year; for Steve Burton to pull a stunt like this is in bad taste. I doubt that his fan base will follow him to Y&R. We are already so angry with ABC, now he will be added to the list. Bad Move Ex-Jason. the least you can do moving forward is not pretend that GH would not have offered you a similar contract to remain. Your loss!! I am one longtime fan who will not follow you to Y&R and I am certain there are many more who feel as I do.

6. Dalia says:

Bad move! If you already have 21 years with soaps..most likely you will not succeed in other projects besides singing…Good luck though I will be rooting for John and Sam now!

7. Regina says:

This was a bad career move for him. Y&R is a horrible show! My mother is a fan and anytime I am at her house while she’s watching it I want to vomit. The only way this could be any worse is if they put him in bed with Sharon or Phyllis!

8. Mom3 says:

I can’t help but feel betrayed by this. I really miss him on GH and think they would have worked with him too. I know that he has a right to make a living, but Y&R is really BAD right now. The story plots are boring and they have ruined their core chatacters, having Steve join them will not help me get back into it. The fans made him the star he is and I hope one day he finds his way back to where he really belongs at GH.