- General Hospital Recap for October 5 to October 9, 2015
- The Voice Season 9 Spoilers Battle Rounds – Who Won
- Scandal Recap 10/8/15 – Mellie Declares War on the President and His Mistress – Season 5 Ep. 3
- Deals and Steals as Seen on Good Morning America – Alex and Ani, Leggings and More
- Justin Bieber Naked Photo Released Without His Consent #RespectJustinsPrivacy
- Dancing With the Stars Rumer Willis Dating Bachelor Chris Soules?
- Dancing With the Stars 2015 Season 21 Switch Up Partners Revealed
- Jay Leno Returns to Tonight Show With Monologue for Jimmy Fallon
- Limitless Recap: The Legend of Marcos Ramos 10/6/15
Identity Thief Wins Box Office – WEEKEND TOP TEN BOX OFFICE 2/10/13
MELISSA MCCARTHY IS NO LONGER A BRIDESMAID BUT A BRIDE OPENING AT NUMBER ONE
1. Identity Thief/Universal Wknd/$ 36.6 Total/$ 36.6
2. Warm Bodies/Summit Wknd/$ 11.5 Total/$ 36.7
3. Side Effects/ORF Wknd/$ 10.0 Total/4 10.0
4. Silver Linings Playbook/Wein Wknd/$ 6.9 Total/$ 90.0
5. Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters Wknd/$ 5.8 Total/$ 43.8
6. Mama/Universal Wknd/$ 4.3 Total/$ 64.0
7. Zero Dark Thirty/Sony Wknd/$ 4.0 Total/$ 83.6
8. Argo/Warners Wknd/$ 2.5 Total/$ 123.7
9. Django Unchained/Weinstein Wknd/$ 2.3 Total/$ 154.5
10. Bullet To The Head/Warners Wknd/$ 1.9 Total/$ 8.2
SUCK IT YOU, UNFUNNY PIXIE STICKS
Identity Thief opens at number one and it’s official: Melissa McCarthy is a comedy A-lister. “But what about Bridesmaids?” you ask. Yeah, yeah, yeah. She got an Oscar nod for Bridesmaids. So what? That and $2.25 will get you on the train. Opening at number one however, will make sure your next check is eight-figures, easy. “But what about Jason Bateman?” you ask and let me tell you, you’re getting annoying with these questions and it’s only the first movie. Jason Bateman is a solid supporting player. He’s the go-to straight man—which is incredibly important in comedy—but he alone is not a guarantee. Notice how Jason Bateman and Jennifer Anniston tanked in The Switch last year. That’s because Anniston is faux-A-list. She’s famous like she’s A-list but nothing she’s done backs it up. And everyone she flops with does better elsewhere. She flopped with Gerald Butler in The Bounty Hunter, but he made an equally bad movie with Katherine Heigl that made money. She flopped with Paul Rudd in Wanderlust, but then he makes the unpleasant This Is 40 with Leslie Mann whom no one confuses with an A-lister and it at least doubles its budget. And who was the best part of This Is 40? Melissa McCarthy. A-list star…who’s trying to figure out how to get the hell out of her TV contract as we speak.
Continue on page 2!!