- Mary-Kate Olsen Marries Much Older Fiance Olivier Sarkozy in Manhattan Ceremony
- General Hospital Recap for November 23 to November 27, 2015
- The Royal Family Debuts New Photos Of Princess Charlotte- See Them Here!
- Khloe Kardashian Hosts Thanksgiving At Her Home- Caitlyn Jenner, Scott Disick and Tyga Join In
- Pretty Little Liars Recap 11/25/15 Season 6 Special – Five Years Forward
- Scream Queens Recap 11/24/15 Season 1 Ep. 10 – Thanksgiving
- Limitless Recap: Arm-Aggedon 11/24/15
- The Voice 2015 Season 9 Recap 11/24/15 – Who are the Top 10?
- Kim Kardashian West Reveals That Her Baby Boy Is Breech- What Does That Mean For His Birth?
Identity Thief Wins Box Office – WEEKEND TOP TEN BOX OFFICE 2/10/13
MELISSA MCCARTHY IS NO LONGER A BRIDESMAID BUT A BRIDE OPENING AT NUMBER ONE
1. Identity Thief/Universal Wknd/$ 36.6 Total/$ 36.6
2. Warm Bodies/Summit Wknd/$ 11.5 Total/$ 36.7
3. Side Effects/ORF Wknd/$ 10.0 Total/4 10.0
4. Silver Linings Playbook/Wein Wknd/$ 6.9 Total/$ 90.0
5. Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters Wknd/$ 5.8 Total/$ 43.8
6. Mama/Universal Wknd/$ 4.3 Total/$ 64.0
7. Zero Dark Thirty/Sony Wknd/$ 4.0 Total/$ 83.6
8. Argo/Warners Wknd/$ 2.5 Total/$ 123.7
9. Django Unchained/Weinstein Wknd/$ 2.3 Total/$ 154.5
10. Bullet To The Head/Warners Wknd/$ 1.9 Total/$ 8.2
SUCK IT YOU, UNFUNNY PIXIE STICKS
Identity Thief opens at number one and it’s official: Melissa McCarthy is a comedy A-lister. “But what about Bridesmaids?” you ask. Yeah, yeah, yeah. She got an Oscar nod for Bridesmaids. So what? That and $2.25 will get you on the train. Opening at number one however, will make sure your next check is eight-figures, easy. “But what about Jason Bateman?” you ask and let me tell you, you’re getting annoying with these questions and it’s only the first movie. Jason Bateman is a solid supporting player. He’s the go-to straight man—which is incredibly important in comedy—but he alone is not a guarantee. Notice how Jason Bateman and Jennifer Anniston tanked in The Switch last year. That’s because Anniston is faux-A-list. She’s famous like she’s A-list but nothing she’s done backs it up. And everyone she flops with does better elsewhere. She flopped with Gerald Butler in The Bounty Hunter, but he made an equally bad movie with Katherine Heigl that made money. She flopped with Paul Rudd in Wanderlust, but then he makes the unpleasant This Is 40 with Leslie Mann whom no one confuses with an A-lister and it at least doubles its budget. And who was the best part of This Is 40? Melissa McCarthy. A-list star…who’s trying to figure out how to get the hell out of her TV contract as we speak.
Continue on page 2!!