- Royal Baby Watch: Who Are The Royal Godparents?
- Kim Richards Steps Out Hours After Arrest – RHOBH Offer Support
- Videos: Anna Kendrick and John Krasinski Lip Synch Battle – J. Lo Joins Too
- Dig Recap: Trust No One 4/16/15
- Harry Connick Jr. Battles With Contestant Quentin Alexander!
- RHOBH Star Kim Richards Arrested!
- Kendall Jenner Kept Out of Coachella Neon Carnival-Justin Bieber Makes Scene
- Miley Cyrus Shows Nipples on Instagram With the Willis Girls!
- Deals and Steals – Sunglasses, Headphones, Bracelets – As Soon on GMA
- Nashville Recap 4/15/15 Season 3 Episode 18: “Nobody Knows But Me”
Melissa McCarthy Called a Hippo By Movie Critic
The New Yorker Observer‘s Rex Reed bashes the film, but Reed calls McCarthy “cacophonous” and “tractor-sized” and also states:
“…a gimmick comedian who has devoted her short career to being obese and obnoxious with equal success.”
Reed wasn’t done saying awful things about McCarthy’s looks, going on to call her a “female hippo” and a “screeching, humongous creep.”
It really is a pathetic move on Reed’s part, and it baffles me that the New York Observer would even allow a horribly written review to be posted on their website. McCarthy has spoken out about her weight in the past:
“Sometimes I wish I were just magically a size 6 and I never had to give it a single thought, but I am weirdly healthy, so I don’t beat myself up about it — it wouldn’t help, and I don’t want to pass that on to my girls.”
Yes, film critics have every right to destroy and hate any movie they watch, but repeatedly insulting someone’s looks does not add anything to the review and it really is just stupid move on Reed’s part.
What do you think of Reed’s review?