- Is Bobby Flay the Father of January Jones’ Son?
- Lindsay Lohan Is Free – Off Probation
- Is TLC Bringing Back 19 and Counting?
- Is The Bachelorette, Kaitlyn Bristowe Pregnant?
- Khloe Kardashian Angers Some in Muslim Community Again
- Oscar Winning Actress Tatum O’Neal Is Now Dating Women!
- Miley Cyrus Helps Get Netflix Show Renewed – Gracie and Frankie
- The Briefcase Recap and Review Series Premiere 5/27/15
- Jill’s Steals and Deals for Father’s Day – Shirts, Steak and iHome as Seen on Today Show
- Video: Amy Schumer Defends Bill Cosby Rape Allegations – Mocks it in a Skit
Melissa McCarthy Called a Hippo By Movie Critic
The New Yorker Observer‘s Rex Reed bashes the film, but Reed calls McCarthy “cacophonous” and “tractor-sized” and also states:
“…a gimmick comedian who has devoted her short career to being obese and obnoxious with equal success.”
Reed wasn’t done saying awful things about McCarthy’s looks, going on to call her a “female hippo” and a “screeching, humongous creep.”
It really is a pathetic move on Reed’s part, and it baffles me that the New York Observer would even allow a horribly written review to be posted on their website. McCarthy has spoken out about her weight in the past:
“Sometimes I wish I were just magically a size 6 and I never had to give it a single thought, but I am weirdly healthy, so I don’t beat myself up about it — it wouldn’t help, and I don’t want to pass that on to my girls.”
Yes, film critics have every right to destroy and hate any movie they watch, but repeatedly insulting someone’s looks does not add anything to the review and it really is just stupid move on Reed’s part.
What do you think of Reed’s review?