- Pretty Little Liars Recap 11/25/15 Season 6 Special – Five Years Forward
- Scream Queens Recap 11/24/15 Season 1 Ep. 10 – Thanksgiving
- Limitless Recap: Arm-Aggedon 11/24/15
- The Voice 2015 Season 9 Recap 11/24/15 – Who are the Top 10?
- Kim Kardashian West Reveals That Her Baby Boy Is Breech- What Does That Mean For His Birth?
- Kaley Cuoco Covers Up Wedding Date Back Tattoo After Splitting From Ryan Sweeting- What Did She Get?
- Dancing With the Stars Season 21 – Season Finale Recap 11/24/15 – The Winner Is…..
- Julianne Hough’s First Photos As Sandy In “Grease: Live” Arrive Right Before DWTS Finale
- Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Welcome Baby Number Three, A Girl- What Is Her Name?
Melissa McCarthy Called a Hippo By Movie Critic
The New Yorker Observer‘s Rex Reed bashes the film, but Reed calls McCarthy “cacophonous” and “tractor-sized” and also states:
“…a gimmick comedian who has devoted her short career to being obese and obnoxious with equal success.”
Reed wasn’t done saying awful things about McCarthy’s looks, going on to call her a “female hippo” and a “screeching, humongous creep.”
It really is a pathetic move on Reed’s part, and it baffles me that the New York Observer would even allow a horribly written review to be posted on their website. McCarthy has spoken out about her weight in the past:
“Sometimes I wish I were just magically a size 6 and I never had to give it a single thought, but I am weirdly healthy, so I don’t beat myself up about it — it wouldn’t help, and I don’t want to pass that on to my girls.”
Yes, film critics have every right to destroy and hate any movie they watch, but repeatedly insulting someone’s looks does not add anything to the review and it really is just stupid move on Reed’s part.
What do you think of Reed’s review?