Warm Bodies opens on Top – WEEKEND TOP TEN BOX OFFICE 2/3/13
ZOMBIES LIVE AT NUMBER ONE! STALLONE NOT SO MUCH.
1. Warm Bodies/Summit Wknd/$ 19.5 Total/$ 20.0
2. Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters Wknd/$ 9.2 Total/$ 34.5
3. Silver Linings Playbook/Wein Wknd/$ 8.1 Total/$ 80.4
4. Mama/Universal Wknd/$ 6.7 Total/$ 58.3
5. Zero Dark Thirty/Sony Wknd/$ 5.3 Total/$ 77.8
6. Bullet To The Head/Warners Wknd/$ 4.5 Total/$ 4.5
7. Parker/ Wknd/$ 3.2 Total/$ 12.4
8. Django Unchained/Weinstein Wknd/$ 3.0 Total/$ 151.0
9. Les Miserables/Universal Wknd/$ 2.4 Total/$ 141.5
10.Lincoln/Touchstone Wknd/$ 2.4 Total/$ 170.8
NO ONE EVER WROTE A HIT SONG ABOUT ONE
Warm Bodies opens at number one and apparently zombies are truly the new vampires. Yeah, I know zombies have always been somewhat successful going back to Night of Living Dead and the Walking Dead has white-hot for two years now, but when you’re making teen romantic comedies and still making money then you are definitely the shit. I’ll admit this looked appealing but there’s just one thing: I DON’T LIKE ZOMBIES! Never have. I simply don’t see the appeal or rotting, flesh-eating corpses. I get ghosts, I get vampires, I get werewolves, I get monsters from space or a lab, but I simply do not get zombies. Clearly I’m alone in this.
Keep Reading on page 2!!