- Pretty Little Liars Recap 11/25/15 Season 6 Special – Five Years Forward
- Scream Queens Recap 11/24/15 Season 1 Ep. 10 – Thanksgiving
- Limitless Recap: Arm-Aggedon 11/24/15
- The Voice 2015 Season 9 Recap 11/24/15 – Who are the Top 10?
- Kim Kardashian West Reveals That Her Baby Boy Is Breech- What Does That Mean For His Birth?
- Kaley Cuoco Covers Up Wedding Date Back Tattoo After Splitting From Ryan Sweeting- What Did She Get?
- Dancing With the Stars Season 21 – Season Finale Recap 11/24/15 – The Winner Is…..
- Julianne Hough’s First Photos As Sandy In “Grease: Live” Arrive Right Before DWTS Finale
- Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Welcome Baby Number Three, A Girl- What Is Her Name?
Who is Carlos Estévez? Charlie Sheen Discusses Name Change
In the trailer for director Robert Rodriguez’s upcoming film, Machete Kills, the credits introduce an actor by the name of Carlos Estévez. The new actor however, isn’t exactly up-and-coming. Carlos Estévez, as some may know is actually Charlie Sheen’s birth name.
After being known for decades in show business by his stage name Charlie Sheen, the Anger Management star has decided to re-invent himself through the use of his given name. Born Carlos Irwin Estévez to mother Janet Templeton and famous father Ramòn Antonio Gerardo Estévez; better known by Martin Sheen- the now 47 year-old says he asked to be called “Charlie” at age 4 to avoid confusion between he and an uncle who share the first name “Carlos”.
While Charlie never legally changed his name to begin with, the reforming bad boy says he never went with the family’s namesake because he hasn’t entirely embraced his Spanish heritage. In a 2012 Univision interview, the actor admits, “I don’t wake up feeling Latino. I’m a white guy in America. I was born in New York and grew up in Malibu.”
He later added, “I wish I spoke more Spanish. I’m sure I can learn, but there hasn’t been a lot of time lately.” “It was never a part of my life growing up. My parents never infused it into our household.”
Perhaps there hasn’t been much time, ever since his twin boys with ex-wife Brooke Mueller were given up to his other ex-wife Denise Richards last week. That, or the fact the he is awaiting the birth of his first grandchild later this year.