- Big Brother Recap 9/3/15 – Double Eviction – 6 Houseguests Remain – Who Went Home
- America’s Got Talent 2015 – What 5 Acts are in the Finals? Season 10
- America’s Got Talent 2015 Recap 9/1/15 – Semi-Final 1 Perform – Season 10
- Awkward Season 5 Premiere Recap 8/31/15 – ‘Naked and Betrayed’
- Faking It Recap 8/31/15 Season 2 Ep 11 – Stripped
- So You Think You Can Dance 2015 Season 12 Recap 8/31/15 – Top 6 Perform -Who Are the Top 4?
- Bachelor in Paradise Spoilers Season 2 Week 4 – 10 People Leave – Who Will it Be? One Week till Finale
- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 8/26/15- Devan & Rylan
- Total Divas Recap 8/25/15- Season 4, Ep. 8- It’s a Beautiful Life?
Exclusive Photos: X Factor Auditions Hit New York with Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio
Thursday was day two of the New York X Factor auditions at Long Island’s Nassau Coliseum and it definitely brought out the good, the bad and the ugly!
We were at Nassau Coliseum Thursday night along with Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato and the two new judges, Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio, for round two of the singing competition auditions. The first round of auditions took place back in April, without the judges present, when over 16,000 people showed up to show off their talent. The turnout was actually the largest in the show’s history, causing producers to add an additional day of auditions!
According to Cowell, Wednesday (the first day of the NY auditions) they saw “50 people: two good, 48 terrible.” He did assure the audience that showed up for the evening taping that they saw some great talent earlier in the day and hoped that trend would continue on through the night.
There was definitely a variety of talent and it kept the audience entertained, whether good or not-so-god. With an audience majority of middle school and high school-aged girls, the 15-18 year old boys who graced the stage got the most screams. The audience also showed their love for the Long Island natives, including one girl from Port Jefferson Station who sang “Mustang Sally.”
The night brought group performances, solo performances and duos; pop singers, R&B singers, a country singer, and even a hip-hop artist who shocked the crowd with an original and interesting song. There were performers as young as 13 and as old as 70!
The chemistry between the new panel of judges is great. It’s like they’ve known each other forever. The normal banter between Cowell and Lovato will definitely continue on this season, but Rowland and Rubio join in on the fun joking around with Cowell. The ladies have definitely taken over, but Simon can handle it!
The X Factor auditions at Nassau Coliseum continue through Friday night.
Written by Michelle Wincott
[PHOTO CREDIT: Michelle Wincott]