- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 8/26/15- Devan & Rylan
- Total Divas Recap 8/25/15- Season 4, Ep. 8- It’s a Beautiful Life?
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 8/24/15- Top 8 Perform + Elimination
- I Am Cait Recap 8/23/15- Take Pride
- Bachelor in Paradise 2015 Spoilers Season 2 Week 4 – Samantha Dumps Joe
- Gainesville Recap 8/20/15- Series Premiere- My Eyes Are Open; Don’t Talk About It, Be About It
- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 8/19/15- Hundra & Emily
- Dance Moms Recap 8/18/15- City of Angels
- Total Divas Recap 8/18/15- Season 4, Ep. 7- No Holds Barre
The Bachelor’s Gia Allemand Dead At 29 Following Suicide Attempt
Update: According to Allemand’s representative, Allemand was rushed to the hospital following a suicide attempt by hanging. Following the suicide attempt, Gia lost brain and oxygen function. Her rep released a statement:
“While in her residency in New Orleans on Monday night, Ms. Allemand was found by her boyfriend, NBA Basketball Player Ryan Anderson, following an apparent suicide attempt.
Mr. Anderson contacted 911 and emergency medical crews were immediately dispatched to the scene. Tuesday, Ms. Allemand remained in the hospital unconscious in critical condition and on life support.
Due to a critical loss of brain and organ function, life support was withdrawn today. Ms. Allemand passed away peacefully with her mother, boyfriend, and other life-long friends by her side. As a practicing Christian, Gia did receive the sacrament of last rites.
Loved ones and fans will remember Gia Allemand as a caring woman who loved her family and was well-known for her compassion towards animals and mission to rescue homeless pets.
Funeral arrangements will be forthcoming in another official statement once available. On behalf of the family, we sincerely ask for privacy at this time.”
Late Monday night, it was reported that Allemand had been rushed to University Hospital in New Orleans, and was in critical condition due to a serious emergency medical issue, an issue that has not yet been released.
According to a hospital source, Allemand passed on Wednesday. The source states:
“On behalf of the family, we kindly ask for privacy at this time.”
Vienna Giradi, who was on season 14 of “The Bachelor” with Allemand, and who ended up winning, tweeted:
“Gia you are my angel! You changed so many lives with your beautiful soul and will be missed and loved forever.”
Allemand was only 29 years old.
I am sure more information on what cause her medical emergency will be released soon.