- I Am Cait Recap 7/26/15- Series Premiere- Meeting Cait
- True Detective Recap 7/26/15 Season 2 Episode 6: Church in Ruins
- General Hospital Recap for July 20 to July 24, 2015 – Anthony Geary’s Last Days
- Rookie Blue Recap 7/23/15- A Real Gentleman
- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 7/22/15- Prophet & Trinity
- Scream: The TV Series Recap 7/21/15 Season 1 Episode 4 – Aftermath
- Pretty Little Liars Recap 7/21/15 Season 6 Episode 7 – O Brother, Where Art Thou
- Dance Moms Recap 7/21/15- Solo Battle: Round 1
- Total Divas Recap 7/21/15- Season 4, Ep. 3- Eat Your Heart Out
Video: Miley Cyrus Speaks For First Time On VMA Performance
While everyone from music critics to your own grandmother had something to say about Miley Cyrus’s performance at the Video Music Awards, Cyrus herself is finally commenting on the performance that baffled and even shocked some.
Cyrus sat down with MTV three days after her performance to discuss what exactly she was thinking that night:
“Me and Robin, the whole time said, ‘You know we’re about to make history right now,’ What’s amazing is I think now, we’re three days later, and people are still talking about it.”
People are obviously still talking about Cyrus grinding up on Robin Thicke and assaulting a foam finger:
“They’re over thinking it. You’re thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. Like, I didn’t even think about it ’cause that’s just me.”
I think it is pretty obvious that Cyrus did not think about this at all. Like, she did not think about it one second. Cyrus goes as far as to compare herself to two pop legends:
“I don’t pay attention to the negative because I’ve seen this play out so many times. How many times have we seen this play out in pop music? Madonna’s done it. Britney’s done it. Every VMA performance, that’s what you’re looking for; you’re wanting to make history.”
I don’t know how many people, if anyone, would actually put Cyrus in the same league as Spears or Madonna so it is not likely that people will compare her performance to Spears or Madonna’s past performances.
It remains to be seen how Cyrus’s performance will stand the test of time as Spears kissing Madonna or Spears and the infamous snake performances have stood. For now, we will just kick back and still scratch our head over Cyrus.
What do you think of Cyrus’s thoughts on her performance? Agree? Is she a bit delusional?
We have the video of Miley speaking about it on the next page.