Martha Stewart may just have bit the hand that helps feed her.  Slamming bloggers in an interview with Bloomberg Television, Stewart clearly does not have a high regard for those same bloggers she has in her advertising network.

Martha stated,

“Who are those bloggers?  They’re not trained editors at Vogue Magazine.  Writing recipes that aren’t tested, that aren’t necessarily very good. Or are copies of everything that really good editors have created and done.  Bloggers create a popularity but they are not the experts.”

Stewart may have a point with regard to recipes not being very good but the same can be said of a recipe you find in a magazine.  Recipes do not have to ‘formally’ tested in a special kitchen to be good.

Martha calls bloggers popular but says that doesn’t make them experts.  Does being an editor of a magazine make one an expert?  Bloggers are popular and some of them are even experts in their niche.  Martha has even gone as far as using bloggers crafts on her website (without properly crediting the website she took it from). If they aren’t experts, why is she using their ideas?

Bloggers have long been the wicked step-child of the media, not getting the respect they deserve. That has more to do with the inability to afford a public relations person to help promote their ‘expertise’  than anything else.

The backlash has already begun against Martha with Bloggers leaving her ad network.  Ironically when invited to her ad network to help promote her business and fill her pocketbook, the invitation said,

“We are selecting new partners who share our dedication to editorial excellence, our passion for food, home, crafts, wellness, or gardening, and who are tastemakers in their fields.”

Zippy Sandler, the owner/editor of Champagne Living, took to facebook to express her thoughts on what Martha had to say,

I’m saddened and disgusted by her words, and attitude towards the writers that work with her, supply content to her social media and sites, and have hosted her ads on their sites.

Zippy was a member of Martha’s ad network, but quickly removed the ads from her website, after hearing what Martha had to say.

What do you think about what Martha said about Bloggers? Let’s show Martha just who those bloggers are by using the hashtag #whoarethosebloggers.

Check out the video of Martha’s interview on the next page.

To get all the latest news from Have U Heard – Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter.

46 Responses to Martha Stewart Slams Bloggers Saying They Are Popular But Not Experts #whoarethosebloggers

1. sue says:

When her show first came out, I would sit and watch her and many times, I would be ranting at her “holier than thou”, pompous, arrogant attitude. My children would ask, “Why are you watching her?” Well, I used the analogy of people slowing down to watch an accident or a train wreck. People are curious and want to know what is happening and least you all think I am ghoulish, I REFUSE to look at an accident scene. My point is, we all like to learn and try new things and I could recognize that Martha had some good ideas and helpful tips. Frankly, I felt that she was punished for the same crimes that many MEN commit but was punished because she is a woman and many men hate powerful women, still. I was born in the ’50′s children, so I have experienced the Women’s Movement first hand… (gosh, am I an expert? :-)) Martha has the qualities of an entrepreneur and I don’t think many of them have the temperament that so many of the average bloggers have: kindness, empathy, good will, resourcefulness, and good manners. She has bitten the hand that feeds her empire and has turned off many people who once were fans. I always said that I would like to visit her farm, view her collections and even eat her food, but not WITH her. Sorry, Martha, you may be an “expert” but no one wants to play with you.

2. Vicki Winters says:

Have you seen this? “One Blogger’s Amazing Takedown Of Martha Stewart”
    Looks like I’m a heroine to all my Blogger Friends. You’re all the best! Keep up the great work that we all do for our LOVE of what we do. Not for the $$$, like some people we know…

3. Who are those VOGUE Editors that are Recipe Testing? See my video request for Martha’s Apology. http://youtu.be/mWLQ5X8_apg

4. Jessie says:

Martha is right, to a certain degree. Bloggers are borne on all different levels. Some are experts while others are novice enthusiasts that that tow the informational line. Some blog material requires expert knowledge, and some doesn’t. It all depends on the the subject, the blog, the blogger.

5. Daniella Franken says:

Do you want to know How-to be a stupid?
    DIY with Marta Stewart!!!

6. Tammie says:

While I do enjoy Martha Stewart and her ideas and home “helping” items, lets be real!!!!!! SHE HERSELF WAS A BLOGGER!!!!!!! Maybe not the kind she is talking about today, but she was blogger in another time, when blogging was not on the internet! There are NO EXPERTS in crafts or home decorating or cooking…..we are all experts in our own families and homes because we are all different! What works for your family may not work for mine, however it is great that we can now share our ideas and maybe help someone else! Shame on Martha!!!!