- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 6/29/15- Season 12, Ep. 5- Vegas Callbacks #1
- True Detective Recap 6/28/15 Season 2 Episode 2: Night Finds You
- Return to Amish Recap 6/28/15- Season 2, Ep. 5- Other Side of the Fence
- Big Brother 2015 – 17 Spoilers Week 1 – Veto Winner and Drama in the House
- Big Brother 2015 Season 17 – Spoilers Week 1 – HOH, Nominees, Battle of the Block
- General Hospital Recap for 6/22/15 – 6/26/15
- Under the Dome Recap 6/25/15- Season 3 Premiere- Move On; But I’m Not
- Big Brother 17 Season Premiere Recap 6/24/15 – Part 1 Meet the 1st 8 Houseguests
- Dance Moms Recap 6/23/15- West Coast Strikes Back
Martha Stewart Slams Bloggers Saying They Are Popular But Not Experts #whoarethosebloggers
Martha Stewart may just have bit the hand that helps feed her. Slamming bloggers in an interview with Bloomberg Television, Stewart clearly does not have a high regard for those same bloggers she has in her advertising network.
“Who are those bloggers? They’re not trained editors at Vogue Magazine. Writing recipes that aren’t tested, that aren’t necessarily very good. Or are copies of everything that really good editors have created and done. Bloggers create a popularity but they are not the experts.”
Stewart may have a point with regard to recipes not being very good but the same can be said of a recipe you find in a magazine. Recipes do not have to ‘formally’ tested in a special kitchen to be good.
Martha calls bloggers popular but says that doesn’t make them experts. Does being an editor of a magazine make one an expert? Bloggers are popular and some of them are even experts in their niche. Martha has even gone as far as using bloggers crafts on her website (without properly crediting the website she took it from). If they aren’t experts, why is she using their ideas?
Bloggers have long been the wicked step-child of the media, not getting the respect they deserve. That has more to do with the inability to afford a public relations person to help promote their ‘expertise’ than anything else.
The backlash has already begun against Martha with Bloggers leaving her ad network. Ironically when invited to her ad network to help promote her business and fill her pocketbook, the invitation said,
“We are selecting new partners who share our dedication to editorial excellence, our passion for food, home, crafts, wellness, or gardening, and who are tastemakers in their fields.”
Zippy Sandler, the owner/editor of Champagne Living, took to facebook to express her thoughts on what Martha had to say,
I’m saddened and disgusted by her words, and attitude towards the writers that work with her, supply content to her social media and sites, and have hosted her ads on their sites.
Zippy was a member of Martha’s ad network, but quickly removed the ads from her website, after hearing what Martha had to say.
What do you think about what Martha said about Bloggers? Let’s show Martha just who those bloggers are by using the hashtag #whoarethosebloggers.
Check out the video of Martha’s interview on the next page.