- I Am Cait Recap 7/26/15- Series Premiere- Meeting Cait
- True Detective Recap 7/26/15 Season 2 Episode 6: Church in Ruins
- General Hospital Recap for July 20 to July 24, 2015 – Anthony Geary’s Last Days
- Rookie Blue Recap 7/23/15- A Real Gentleman
- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 7/22/15- Prophet & Trinity
- Scream: The TV Series Recap 7/21/15 Season 1 Episode 4 – Aftermath
- Pretty Little Liars Recap 7/21/15 Season 6 Episode 7 – O Brother, Where Art Thou
- Dance Moms Recap 7/21/15- Solo Battle: Round 1
- Total Divas Recap 7/21/15- Season 4, Ep. 3- Eat Your Heart Out
Mischa Barton Talks About Her Nervous Breakdown
Mischa Barton, once a household name and ‘it girl’, had a nervous breakdown.
After making it big ten years ago on the hit TV series The O.C., Barton went from being an ‘it girl’ to having a nervous breakdown. The pressures of Hollywood got to the then 17-year-old and she turned to drugs and even threatened to kill herself.
Barton sat down with People Magazine where she spoke about her nervous breakdown and where she is now. At 17, it’s all about discovering yourself. Not many young adults have a clue about their future or how their decisions impact their future. Barton said,
“We thought, ‘Work hard, play hard “
That attitude resulted in a DUI in 2007 and in 2009 she found herself in a psych ward under an involuntary 5150 hold after she threatened to kill herself.
“It was a full-on breakdown, I was under enormous pressure.”
Barton has returned to acting and owns a boutique in London, in addition to having her own handbag line.
Unfortunately, Barton’s story seems all too familiar, with celebrities like Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes following in her footsteps. Drugs has become all too common for young Hollywood celebrities, with Zac Efron being one of the latest celebrities to go to rehab.
Is it the endless source of money or the pressure of Hollywood that has caused the young celebrities to turn to drugs and have these breakdowns??