- Pretty Little Liars Recap 11/25/15 Season 6 Special – Five Years Forward
- Scream Queens Recap 11/24/15 Season 1 Ep. 10 – Thanksgiving
- Limitless Recap: Arm-Aggedon 11/24/15
- The Voice 2015 Season 9 Recap 11/24/15 – Who are the Top 10?
- Kim Kardashian West Reveals That Her Baby Boy Is Breech- What Does That Mean For His Birth?
- Kaley Cuoco Covers Up Wedding Date Back Tattoo After Splitting From Ryan Sweeting- What Did She Get?
- Dancing With the Stars Season 21 – Season Finale Recap 11/24/15 – The Winner Is…..
- Julianne Hough’s First Photos As Sandy In “Grease: Live” Arrive Right Before DWTS Finale
- Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Welcome Baby Number Three, A Girl- What Is Her Name?
Mischa Barton Talks About Her Nervous Breakdown
Mischa Barton, once a household name and ‘it girl’, had a nervous breakdown.
After making it big ten years ago on the hit TV series The O.C., Barton went from being an ‘it girl’ to having a nervous breakdown. The pressures of Hollywood got to the then 17-year-old and she turned to drugs and even threatened to kill herself.
Barton sat down with People Magazine where she spoke about her nervous breakdown and where she is now. At 17, it’s all about discovering yourself. Not many young adults have a clue about their future or how their decisions impact their future. Barton said,
“We thought, ‘Work hard, play hard “
That attitude resulted in a DUI in 2007 and in 2009 she found herself in a psych ward under an involuntary 5150 hold after she threatened to kill herself.
“It was a full-on breakdown, I was under enormous pressure.”
Barton has returned to acting and owns a boutique in London, in addition to having her own handbag line.
Unfortunately, Barton’s story seems all too familiar, with celebrities like Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes following in her footsteps. Drugs has become all too common for young Hollywood celebrities, with Zac Efron being one of the latest celebrities to go to rehab.
Is it the endless source of money or the pressure of Hollywood that has caused the young celebrities to turn to drugs and have these breakdowns??