- Big Brother 2015 Season 17 Spoilers Week 2 – HoH, Nominees, PoV Winner
- Big Brother 2015 Season 17 Recap 7/2/15 – Week 1 – Who Went Home and New HoH
- Scream: The TV Series Recap 6/30/15- Pilot
- Dance Moms Recap 6/30/15- Abby vs. Kira
- Pretty Little Liars Recap 6/30/15- Season 6, Ep. 5- She’s No Angel
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 6/29/15- Season 12, Ep. 5- Vegas Callbacks #1
- True Detective Recap 6/28/15 Season 2 Episode 2: Night Finds You
- Return to Amish Recap 6/28/15- Season 2, Ep. 5- Other Side of the Fence
- Big Brother 2015 – 17 Spoilers Week 1 – Veto Winner and Drama in the House
Clay Aiken Responds to Phil Robertson’s Anti-Gay Comments
“I think it certainly shows that we’ve got a long way to go when it comes to people being accepting and understanding. Homophobia, racism, all of it’s built out of fear, and if you grow up in an area like Louisiana and you’re not exposed to diversity, then you can be afraid of things.”
“I think the thing that frustrates me the most is there have been people who have come out today and said, ‘It’s free speech. It’s free speech,’ I would ask them if the person had said something about interracial marriage, or said, ‘We need to put all children with disabilities in institutions,’ would we still be saying, ‘Well, that’s free speech, we’re OK with that opinion’? And I think the answer is ‘No.'”
Aiken also added:
“There are certain things in society that we have become universally against: racism, obviously, is wrong. The treatment of people with disabilities is wrong. But homophobia is one thing that we are still a little bit accepting of in certain areas. I think it’s progress, we’ll get there. But times have changed enough and perceptions have changed enough in the time that I’ve even been in the public eye, that I think we’ve made a lot of progress.”
Aiken obviously makes some fantastic points, and while the majority of people will agree with him and are shocked at Robertson’s comments, there are still a small group of people who still support Robertson and what he believes.
What do you think of Aiken’s comments? Do you agree with him?