- Minority Report 11/30/15 Season 1 Episode 10 “Everybody Runs”
- How the “Fast and Furious” Cast Honored Paul Walker On the Second Anniversary of His Death
- Early Renewals and Cancelations In- Which Shows Are Safe and Which Are In Danger?
- Tim Tebow and Olivia Culpo Break Up- Is His Virginity To Blame?
- The Voice Season 9 Recap 11/30/15 – The Top 10 Perform
- The Walking Dead Recap 11/29/15- Season 6, Ep. 8- Mid-Season Finale- Start To Finish
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap 11/29/15- Season 8, Ep. 4- Rocky Boat Horror Story
- Mary-Kate Olsen Marries Much Older Fiance Olivier Sarkozy in Manhattan Ceremony
- General Hospital Recap for November 23 to November 27, 2015
One Direction Named Most Popular Recording Artists in the World
Do not fret girls under the age of 13. While your God Justin Bieber is having some troubles with the law and isn’t the best role model at the moment, you can all take solace in the fact that One Direction has been named the popular recording artists in the world.
One Direction, made up of Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, and the other three members that people barely pay attention to, have been named Global Recording Artists of 2013 by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, also known as IFPI. The IFPI announcement reads:
“One Direction have seen huge success with their third studio album Midnight Memories, which contained the hit singles ‘Best Song Ever’ and ‘Story of My Life. The album topped the U.S. Billboard Top 200 chart, making One Direction the first group in the charts history to debut at No. 1 with its first three albums. It also topped the charts in countries from Australia to the U.K.”
Yes! Pre-teens girls rejoice!
One Direction is the same typical bubblegum boy band that comes around once every 10 years and causes kids to lose their minds, and also allows Wal-Mart to do their part and put every member’s face on every single product that they can, so this news shouldn’t be surprising. And I would be lying if I said I haven’t rolled up my window and belted “Story of My Life.” But it was only one time (lie).
Eminem was second on the list as the most popular recording artist, followed by Justin Timberlake who came in third on the list, and Michael Jackson impersonator, Bruno Mars who came fourth. Other artists on the list included Katy Perry, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (let’s be real, only Macklemore) and Rihanna.
What do you think of One Direction being named most popular recording artists in the world? Surprised?