- The Bachelorette 2015 With Kaitlyn Spoilers 6/1/15 – Season 11 Ep.4 – Who Was Eliminated?
- General Hospital Recap for 5/26/15 – 5/29/15
- Bruce Jenner’s Female Side Lands “Vanity Fair” Cover!
- Kelly Rutherford Custody Bid Halted By Judge-Kids Staying in Monaco
- Demi Lovato Speaks About Dealing with Bi-Polar Disorder
- Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars Recap 5/29/15- Season 3- Shotgun Wedding
- Kim Richards Missing Since Daughter’s Wedding-What Happened to Rehab
- Is The Bachelorette Mocking the LGBT Community With Brokeback Bromance?
- Jersey Belle’s Jaime Primak Sullivan Talks ‘Doing it All,’ Marriage, Monogomy and More
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Spotted Out Together – Fighting Divorce Rumors?
Josh Elliot Leaving Good Morning America – Going to NBC Sports
The co-host of Good Morning America, Josh Elliot is leaving the hit morning show. Josh’s sudden exit leaves anchor, George Stephanopoulos, as the last man standing on the morning show.
Josh earned $1.2 million per year and was in intense negotiations for a substantial raise (rumors had him wanting $8 million per year). Elliott’s exit follows his longtime co-worker’s departure, Sam Champion, who also left for NBC.
In a statement released by ABC,
‘I’m excited to let you know that we have promoted Amy Robach to News Anchor on Good Morning America effective immediately. Amy is a world class anchor and correspondent who is beloved by our morning audience and all who know her.’ The statement continued, ‘We always knew that Amy was special and we have all been especially inspired to watch her battle breast cancer with grace and determination. Indeed, she thrilled us with two weeks of memorable dispatches from Sochi anchoring our Olympic coverage — all between chemo treatments. Amy will be a fierce and formidable full-time addition to our GMA team.
At the same time, Josh Elliott let us know today that he is going to NBC Sports.
As many of you know, we have been negotiating with Josh these past several months. In good faith, we worked hard to close a significant gap between our generous offer and his expectations. In the end, Josh felt he deserved a different deal and so he chose a new path.
I want to thank Josh for his many contributions to GMA and ABC News. Later in the week, we will bid him farewell.
With Robin, George, Lara, Ginger and Amy, GMA‘s best days are ahead. Just this month the broadcast enjoyed its biggest audience ever. In the days ahead, there will be more good news on the show, so stay tuned.’
Anyone else disappointed to see Josh Elliot leave Good Morning America? Do you think it was a good decision for him. Should ABC have tried harder to keep him?