American Idol finalist Caleb Johnson may just have thrown away the possibility of winning American Idol Season XIII, after referring to his fans as retards.

'caleb johnson american idol retards'

Johnson, who is in The Top 4 of the reality show is a fan favorite and had a great chance of winning American Idol Season XIII.    During an interview, Caleb was asked about how the show has changed his view of social media, when he responded by saying, “It gives access to a bunch of retards to talk to me.”

During last week’s show, viewers were given the opportunity to suggest a song for Johnson to sing.  Apparently, the theme of the show did not sit well with the contestant since he said,

“I don’t really enjoy having to see somebody telling me what song I need to sing. I think at this point of the competition, I can pick and choose my own songs and represent me.”   he continued, “I don’t need 10,000 people saying, ‘You should sing this, you should sing that. Listen to me! Listen to me!’ Fortunately, guys, I’m going to listen to myself, whether you like it or not.”

Johnson’s fans did not appreciate being called a retard and made it known,  Knowing he may have just ruined his budding career, Johnson took to facebook to apologize saying,

‘For the record that juvenile comment I made in the interview was not directed towards my fans but to the wackos that send hundreds of hate messages a day to me ! You guys are amazing and I cannot thank you enough for your support. Sorry if it offended anybody it was the wrong choice of words . Also I greatly appreciate it when you guys give me song suggestions but it gets really overwhelming at the volume it comes in so please understand ! Rock on !:)’

Is it too late to save himself? Do you think calling his fans wackos is an improvement? Maybe his true colors are showing?

Leave a comment and let us know what you think.

7 Responses to Will American Idol’s Caleb Johnson Lose Because of Calling Fans ‘Retards’ – Despite Apology?

1. Truls TRuylsen says:

Is Caleb another Bieber??

2. JoHo says:

Caleb is a complete ??? wipe.

3. Benny says:

Poor Caleb;the little Fatboy will be headed home soon, because he spoke without thinking.

4. JoHo says:

Caleb is a complete ass wipe.

5. karen says:

He also talked about hookers and cocaine. Not winning idol now. Where is the outrage. Come on producers. Idol went to his head. Caleb you are not a star and never will be. Sam should of won. Caleb go home, you are an embarrasement to idol. Should be sent home.

6. DJ says:

WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU! YOU ARE OUT ! YOU HAVE DISRESPECTED YOUR FANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITES. TOO LATE. YOU SHOULD KNOW IT’S THE FANS AND PUBLIC THAT KEEP A SINGERS CAREER GOING. NO FANS, NO MUSIC, NO CONCERTS AND NO MONEY. GOOD LUCK SMART MOUTH!

7. Susan Fluckiger says:

Caleb we will be saying goodbye ! I thought we would be seeing a rocker win , but not after the R remark! How sad this is 2014. I have a 22 year old son that is affected by Severe Autism, I’m so tired of society feeling that it’s okay to use the R word simply because one is different or doesn’t agree with them. He can apologize till the end of time but it will not change how we know he truly feels. It doesn’t matter how one is differently challenged they all have something special to offer if you just open up your heart. Will pray for you Caleb, but American Idol wants someone of higher standards.