- Michelle Keegan Named Sexiest Woman in the World by FMH Followed by Kendall Jenner
- Grey’s Anatomy – Meredith Will Go On- Ellen Pompeo Speaks Out About Patrick Dempsey’s Death
- The Voice India Carney Sings ‘Over the Rainbow’
- Video: Noah Galloway Dances Jazz on Dancing With the Stars 4/27/15
- The Voice Sawyer Fredericks Sings ‘Simple Man’
- The Voice Koryn Hawthorne Sings ‘Girl on Fire’
- Kate Middleton Baby Birth to be Announced Via Twitter
- The Voice 2015 Recap 4/27/15 – The Final 8 Perform – Season 8
- Dancing With the Stars 2015 Recap 4/27/15 – Week 7 – Who Was Eliminated – Era Week
- Derek Hough Injured – Won’t Be Dancing on Dancing With the Stars
Daniel Radcliffe Admits to Alcohol Abuse Problem
Daniel Radcliffe became the most famous boy in the world when he was casts as Harry Potter in what went on to become one of the most successful movie franchises of all time. With all that attention and fame, Radcliffe revealed that he looked to alcohol to get by.
Now alcohol free since 2010, Radcliffe discusses how in order to cope with the massive amounts of attention he was receiving from his fame he turned to alcohol.
“I would have benefited from not drinking as it was not making me as happy as I wanted to,” Radcliffe reveals in Hello Magazine.
“It is not a real pressure, but it is a pressure of living with the thought, ‘Oh, what is all these people are saying I am not going to have a career?’ What if they are all going to be right and will be laughing and I will be consigned to a bunch of ‘Where are they now?’ lists?'”
I feel like that is a pretty legit concern, especially from an actor who completely devoted himself to 8 movies of the same character. I mean, where do you go from there when you will always be known as Harry Potter, the boy wizard?
Radcliffe understands that he will always be known for his biggest role ever, but he does reveal that some people don’t just “shout ‘Harry Potter'” at him, and they actually “tend to know” his name. While Radcliffe was driven to drinking because of the pressures he obtained from fame, Radcliffe says he will “always credit the opportunities” he got to “Harry Potter,”and that he isn’t “bitter” about those “ten years” in his life.
This isn’t the first time that Radcliffe has talked about his alcohol abuse as he once admitted to being drunk while filming some scenes in Harry Potter.
Radcliffe will celebrate four years of sobriety this August, which is a great thing to hear as that is a tough addiction to beat. People only see the positive things of some actors sometimes, like the fame and money, but sometimes we do not learn of hardships that some actors go through.
What do you think of Radcliffe’ comments?
Photo Credit: GG/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES