- Deals and Steals as Seen on Good Morning America – Alex and Ani, Leggings and More
- Justin Bieber Naked Photo Released Without His Consent #RespectJustinsPrivacy
- Dancing With the Stars Rumer Willis Dating Bachelor Chris Soules?
- Dancing With the Stars 2015 Season 21 Switch Up Partners Revealed
- Jay Leno Returns to Tonight Show With Monologue for Jimmy Fallon
- Limitless Recap: The Legend of Marcos Ramos 10/6/15
- Agents of SHIELD Recap 10/06/15 Season 3 Ep. 2 “Purpose in the Machine”
- Scream Queens Recap 10/6/15 Season 1 Ep. 4 – Haunted House
- YouTube Star Caleb Logan Bratayley – Cause of Death Revealed
Too Young For Facebook??
What is a “good” age to have your own Facebook account??
This is question I have been asking (to anyone who will listen) since my soon to be 11 year old daughter has been begging for her own Facebook account. What started out as a great social networking site for college kids has exploded to include “children” of all ages – including me:) But what about younger “children” – also known as tweens.
My daughter has been asking for the past six months why she can’t have her own Facebook account. All I hear is, “Everyone has a Facebook Acct”. Facebook is not only for adults – the games are addicting, the photo editor is easy and fun – two of the many reasons my daughter is desperate for her own account. Not to mention how many pages she “likes”. Let’s give a thumbs up to “being snowed in and school is closed” on Facebook.
Why don’t I want her to have a Facebook account?? Let me count the reasons:
- Does she need to know what everyone is doing? Especially if she isn’t doing it?
- My fear of cyberbullying
- Privacy issues
In the meantime my daughter is using my Facebook account. So if you are wondering why I like Justin Bieber and have a hotel and a farm, I am not trying to relive my youth, I am trying to keep my daughter as young as possible – for as long as possible.
I would love an answer to the question – what age did you let your child have their own Facebook account?? Leave a comment and let me know.