- Mariah Carey Calls American Idol Fake and Boring – No Plans on Returning for Final Season
- It’s OVER For “The Bachelor” Stars Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff – The Couple Breaks Up
- Giuliana Rancic Shuts Down the Haters With Cheeky Instagram Shot
- Lamar Odom Still Loves Khloe Kardashian – Will They Cancel the Divorce?
- “Biggest Loser” Winner Ali Vincent Weds Girlfriend!
- Hilary Duff Releases Video for Sparks – Released 5/28/15
- Jennifer Aniston’s Diet Secrets Revealed – Clean Eating
- Deals and Steals – Eddie Bauer, Self Tanner and More 5/28/15 – As Seen on GMA
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Snapchat Video Sparks Rumors They Are Reuniting
- Is Bobby Flay the Father of January Jones’ Son?
Too Young For Facebook??
What is a “good” age to have your own Facebook account??
This is question I have been asking (to anyone who will listen) since my soon to be 11 year old daughter has been begging for her own Facebook account. What started out as a great social networking site for college kids has exploded to include “children” of all ages – including me:) But what about younger “children” – also known as tweens.
My daughter has been asking for the past six months why she can’t have her own Facebook account. All I hear is, “Everyone has a Facebook Acct”. Facebook is not only for adults – the games are addicting, the photo editor is easy and fun – two of the many reasons my daughter is desperate for her own account. Not to mention how many pages she “likes”. Let’s give a thumbs up to “being snowed in and school is closed” on Facebook.
Why don’t I want her to have a Facebook account?? Let me count the reasons:
- Does she need to know what everyone is doing? Especially if she isn’t doing it?
- My fear of cyberbullying
- Privacy issues
In the meantime my daughter is using my Facebook account. So if you are wondering why I like Justin Bieber and have a hotel and a farm, I am not trying to relive my youth, I am trying to keep my daughter as young as possible – for as long as possible.
I would love an answer to the question – what age did you let your child have their own Facebook account?? Leave a comment and let me know.