- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 8/26/15- Devan & Rylan
- Total Divas Recap 8/25/15- Season 4, Ep. 8- It’s a Beautiful Life?
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap 8/24/15- Top 8 Perform + Elimination
- I Am Cait Recap 8/23/15- Take Pride
- Bachelor in Paradise 2015 Spoilers Season 2 Week 4 – Samantha Dumps Joe
- Gainesville Recap 8/20/15- Series Premiere- My Eyes Are Open; Don’t Talk About It, Be About It
- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 8/19/15- Hundra & Emily
- Dance Moms Recap 8/18/15- City of Angels
- Total Divas Recap 8/18/15- Season 4, Ep. 7- No Holds Barre
Too Young For Facebook??
What is a “good” age to have your own Facebook account??
This is question I have been asking (to anyone who will listen) since my soon to be 11 year old daughter has been begging for her own Facebook account. What started out as a great social networking site for college kids has exploded to include “children” of all ages – including me:) But what about younger “children” – also known as tweens.
My daughter has been asking for the past six months why she can’t have her own Facebook account. All I hear is, “Everyone has a Facebook Acct”. Facebook is not only for adults – the games are addicting, the photo editor is easy and fun – two of the many reasons my daughter is desperate for her own account. Not to mention how many pages she “likes”. Let’s give a thumbs up to “being snowed in and school is closed” on Facebook.
Why don’t I want her to have a Facebook account?? Let me count the reasons:
- Does she need to know what everyone is doing? Especially if she isn’t doing it?
- My fear of cyberbullying
- Privacy issues
In the meantime my daughter is using my Facebook account. So if you are wondering why I like Justin Bieber and have a hotel and a farm, I am not trying to relive my youth, I am trying to keep my daughter as young as possible – for as long as possible.
I would love an answer to the question – what age did you let your child have their own Facebook account?? Leave a comment and let me know.