- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 7/29/15- Thad & Sara
- Dance Moms Recap 7/28/15- Baby Dance Mama Drama
- Total Divas Recap 7/28/15- Season 4, Ep. 4- Divas on Overdrive
- Pretty Little Liars Recap 7/28/15 Season 6 Episode 8 – FrAmed
- I Am Cait Recap 7/26/15- Series Premiere- Meeting Cait
- True Detective Recap 7/26/15 Season 2 Episode 6: Church in Ruins
- General Hospital Recap for July 20 to July 24, 2015 – Anthony Geary’s Last Days
- Rookie Blue Recap 7/23/15- A Real Gentleman
- Catfish: The TV Show Recap 7/22/15- Prophet & Trinity
Fifty Shades of Grey – a Controversial Must Read Book
I had heard about 50 Shades of Grey on Facebook. Everyone was talking about the fact that once you pick it up, you CANNOT put it down.
My book club decided to give it a try with the warning – it’s very erotic. X-Rated.
The synopsis for the book:
When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind – until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time. Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.
As someone who does not engage in reading erotic books, I was nervous – and as it turns out – rightfully so. There were several points in the first book where I had to put it down and I wasn’t sure if I would be able to continue reading. I had to continue reading the book – since it was “for the book club”. Once I made it through the disturbing parts of the book, I was able to forge ahead and putting the book down did become a hard to do thing.
The trilogy, that has sparked conversation and controversy, can best be described as a submission, sex fantasy. The first book leaves you hanging and getting the second book is a MUST. I completed the trilogy and found it to be a great read. Again – the first book is disturbing on so many levels – with discussion of contracts, the sex in the book and the fact that this is Anastasia Steele’s first “real” relationship – it keeps the reader’s interest from beginning to end.
If you do read the series, consider yourself warned. Once you pick it up – there is a 99.9999% chance you will not put it down.