- Beyonce, J. Lo and Kim Kardashian Nearly Naked for Met Gala 2015
- Beyonce, J. Lo and Blake Lively Top the List of 50 Most Powerful Moms
- Videos: Sawyer Fredericks Sings ‘Take Me to the River’ and ‘Shine On’
- Dancing With the Stars 2015 Recap 5/4/15 – Two Couples Eliminated – Who is It?
- The Voice 2015 Recap 5/4/15- Season 8- Live Top 6 Performances
- Royal Baby Watch: What’s In Princess Charlotte’s Name?
- The 2015 Met Gala Celebrity Guest List
- Watch P. Diddy and Girlfriend Have Sex for His Perfume Ad – Tacky? or Art?
- The Royal Princess Has a Name – Princess Charlotte
- 50 Shades of Grey Released With an Alternate Ending – Released May 8, 2015
Katy Perry Billboard’s Woman of the Year
Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepsen were honored at the 2012 Billboard Women In Music Luncheon held at Capitale on Friday in New York City.
The 28-year-old entertainer was honored with the Woman of the Year distinction!! Carly Rae, 27, was highlighted as this year’s Rising Star.
“It’s been such an impossibly wonderful year,” Jepsen says, “and it just keeps getting better.”
Billboard editor Bill Werde explained the reasoning to pick Katy as Billboard‘s Woman of the Year.
“I left the movie theater (after seeing Perry’s film ‘Part of Me’) inspired by that thought, and by Katy’s strength, as did so many others around the country and the world. The staff discussed the Woman of the Year idea and within a week or two we had reached out to her management,” he writes.
“Toughness and inspiration also abound on our Women in Music executive list. Now in its eighth year, Billboard’s Women in Music report exists to inspire and to recognize the inspiration, achievements and talents within the ranks of female executives in the music business,” Werde adds. “The event began at a time when the boardrooms at entertainment and media companies were overwhelmingly male, and sadly, that time is still here. But it has been incredible to watch the contributions women are making to grow this business.”
Katy Perry looks stunning on the cover of the annual Women in Music issue, which is on newsstands now.