- Limitless Recap: Arm-Aggedon 11/24/15
- The Voice 2015 Season 9 Recap 11/24/15 – Who are the Top 10?
- Kim Kardashian West Reveals That Her Baby Boy Is Breech- What Does That Mean For His Birth?
- Kaley Cuoco Covers Up Wedding Date Back Tattoo After Splitting From Ryan Sweeting- What Did She Get?
- Dancing With the Stars Season 21 – Season Finale Recap 11/24/15 – The Winner Is…..
- Julianne Hough’s First Photos As Sandy In “Grease: Live” Arrive Right Before DWTS Finale
- Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Welcome Baby Number Three, A Girl- What Is Her Name?
- Blindspot Recap 11/23/15 Season 1 Episode 10 “Evil Handmade Instrument”
- Minority Recap 11/23/15 Season 1 Episode 9 “Memento Mori”
‘Home Run’ Movie Review and the Batting 1000 Program
Home Run takes a swing at inspiration and hope, and hits it out of the park. The powerful film, Home Run, partners with Celebrate Recovery to tell the story of a major league baseball player whose alcoholism threatens to ruin his career and life.
Baseball all-star Cory Brand knows what it takes to win in the big leagues. But off the field, with memories of his past haunting him, his life is spiraling out of control.
Hoping to save her client’s career and reputation after a DUI and a team suspension, Cory’s agent sends him back to the small town where he grew up. Forced to coach the local youth baseball team and spend eight weeks in the only recovery program in town, Cory can’t wait to return to his old life as quickly as possible.
As his young players help him experience the joy of the game, Cory discovers his need to find freedom from his past and hope for his future … and win back the love he left behind. With this unexpected second chance, Cory finds himself on a powerful journey of transformation and redemption.
Based on thousands of true stories, HOME RUN is a powerful reminder that with God, it’s never too late … because freedom is possible.
We popped the corn and cooked the hot dogs, as we prepared to watch Home Run at my home, with our Pastor and our friends. As we watched Corey struggle through his challenging journey, it left us feeling hopeful for second chances. My favorite moment was when Corey tells his son …”Nothing great happens when you hold back” – then his son stepped up to the plate to hit a Home Run!!
Celebrate Recovery shares the message of forgiveness and redemption, through their support in the film. Do you know anyone that struggles with addiction? What steps have they taken to deal with their problem??
Home Run will air in theaters on April 19th! You can find where Home Run premieres near you HERE!!
If Home Run is not scheduled to play in your city, you can bring it to town! Visit the Batting 1000 to get involved and join the campaign to get this courageous film in your local theater!!
“I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Home Run The Movie #cbias #SocialFabric. All opinions expressed in the post are my own.”