- The Bachelorette 2015 Kaitlyn Spoilers 5/26/15 – Week 2 – With Amy Schumer
- General Hospital Recap for May 18, 2015 to May 22, 2015
- TLC to Cancel ’19 Kids and Counting’ Following Josh Duggar Molestation News?
- Kelly Rutherford’s International Custody Battle Gets Uglier Over Passports
- Mama June Blasts TLC For Supporting Duggar Family After Sexual Abuse Revelations
- Elle Magazine Uses Photo of Breast Feeding Model Nicole Trunfio for Cover
- Josh Duggar Makes Selfish Statement – Apologizes for Molesting Sisters and Others
- Netflix June 2015 Line-Up!
- Josh Duggar Allegedly Admitted to Molesting Minors – 5 Kids and Counting
- Kim Kardashian, Cold Play, One Direction and More Celebrate Red Nose Day
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart 6/9/14 with Philip K. Howard
On Monday’s new Daily Show, Jon Stewart discusses Bowe Bergdahl with Jason Jones and Jessica Williams, and talks with Philip K. Howard.
It’s been a few days since Bowe Bergdahl was brought back to the US, and we’re still gathering all of the facts on his original disappearance. But that isn’t stopping some newscasters from ramping up the wild statements. He’s been called a “deserter,” “anti-American,” a “modern day Lee Harvey Oswald.” And Bergdahl’s father, Bob, hasn’t helped the situation. He’s grown a lengthy beard that has, to some, ‘looked Muslim.’ “I get more of an Amish vibe,” Stewart said. Bill O’Reilly’s infallible logic: “He looks like a Muslim, because he looks like a Muslim.” Stewart said not all men with beards are Muslims, like Abraham Lincoln (adding that he’s a better example of a bearded man who’s killed many Americans).
Bob told his son, “obey your conscience,” which was misconstrued by FOX News as meaning “do whatever you want.” So Stewart was visited by his conscience, Jiminy Cricket, who asked, “Why do you still watch these a******s?” Cricket then left, saying he was going to engage in autoerotic asphyxiation.
Bob Bergdahl complicated things further by reciting a Muslim phrase at the White House. The phrase is a signal of victory, when they overtake something. Naturally, it didn’t go unnoticed, with Sean Hannity adding that Obama smiled when he said it. But as it turns out, the phrase is really nothing more than a blessing, as evidenced in a montage of leaders saying it to Bush (and a clip from “Bohemian Rhapsody”).
Finally, people have been saying the five Taliban leaders set free will attack the US in a Muslim revolution. But Stewart turned to a different story, of the two white supremacists in Las Vegas who killed two policemen in a “revolution.” “We just need to protect this country from terrorists…with beards.”